Help?

Ksandman

Hello, I've been using uTorrent for awhile now... and all I see are people getting like hella DL speeds... I've tested my speed with the speed tester thing and I clock in at 1237kb/s dl and 317kb/s UL.... yet when I DL/UL i only get MAYBE 5-10kbs... I have UL set on unlimited and DL set on 100'kb/s.

Recently, I've noticed that ALL (not one or two mind you, but each and every single one) of my torrents are like this:

0(34742) 0(3242) [seeds/peers]

I'm connected to the internet (as I'm typin this obviously), but for some reason they just don't download. uTorrent is set on getting a random port.... if that matters? I am using wireless (which is most likely the big deal).

I just want to know what the problem is (or most likely is). I think its my wireless, but I'm not sure, because sometimes it jumps to 75kb/s for a minute... other times it levels beetween 10-20... mostly stays around .1-5 though (yes POINT one as in less than 1)

Is this normal? Or what....

Also, it might be doing with my port forwarding, as for some unknown reason I can't open my ports... well thats not really true, more like our IP address (for the router site) has a password which is not admin and I've never set up a password for it...

Any help would be appreciated.

"I have UL set on unlimited"

...Is a problem, ESPECIALLY with bottlenecks like wireless!

"317kb/s UL"

Choose the 320 kilobits/second upload speed settings found in the 2nd link in my signature.

A high half open limit in uTorrent, or DHT/LPD/UPnP/Resolve IPs may be putting too big a load on your wireless link. Try reducing or disabling those.

i get my torrents from www.isohunt.com its the only one i've found that i can get quick torrents w/o having to sign up (i hate signing up... almost didn't wanna sign up for help lol)

Well I changed my settings to what I think they should be (based on Switeck's info)

Uhhh, nothing's changed yet, but if it has I'll be sure and let you know.

UPDATE:

Yess!!!! It did work! Thanks a ton Switeck! Thanks a ton! Getting constant 30-50kb/s now :)

Archived