Slow Download Speeds

Spartan769

I am having very slow download speeds with uTorrent. No ports are opening due to the VoIP Router hooked up. I know nothing of this stuff, my friend set all of the routers up for me.

When I disconnected the VoIP Router, I had 300+ KB/s. But no phone calls could come in.

Is there some way I can get an open port, and still allow people to contact with a phone call?

Do you have more then one router? If you only have the VoIP router, try configuring it correctly. Doing so might fix it. If you provide make/models of all your routers and the way they are connected (network topology) I can help you set things up. Example of network topology using my setup: WebSTAR DPC2100R2 [Cable Modem] > Linksys WRT54G [Router] > Computers and Nintendo DS's.

I have three routers.

I have no clue in how they are connected. According to the network map, the computer is connected to a WRT54G Wireless, then to the internet.

I have no idea where the VoIP Router comes in, or this Motorola router comes in.

All I know is that when I get on Xbox Live, I get kicked off every time a phone call comes in.

Edit:

Computer > WRT54G Router > Internet

Archived