Attempt to reconnect to download target (timed out network drive)

Jockos

I have a fairly advanced network setup, with some parts involving very crappy parts. Thus i sometimes (every second hour or so when the summer temperature is high) loose connection to one of my network drives. This makes uT go: missing network path (something like that. What i would like uT to do is to try and reconnect, like once every ten minutes until i tell it to stop or it finds the drive again. Like automatically connecting to offline trackers. As it is now, i have to manually do a force start (tvångsstart), which i find quite hard to do while sleeping and when I'm at work.

Well this certainly doesn't sound like a new feature request. After reading around, it's apparent that both the developers and helpers want people to fix a possibly broken setup instead of trying to hack around it... but I can see given the more-distributed nature of networks these days, fault-tolerance should be on the TODO list.

Unfortunately it's one of those "from-the-ground-up" things... even getting a (seeminly) simple request such as "can you pop up the completion dialog bubble AFTER a move to a completed directory instead of before" implemented both requires 1) that to be the actual problem 2) available coder time ... usually #2 more than #1.

Being a programmer myself by profession I know what is required, I'd say approx 10 lines of code. It's already there basically, since it already spits out an error message, that would be needed is a function to do the force start thing in a certain interval of time.

And of course i will fix my setup asap, but given the complexity it's not done just like that. Also I'm going to expand in the future to also include another geographical location, which will most likely be prone to time out now and then. Like you said, it should be on the TODO list, it's not that urgent but it should be there.

Archived