Different default download folder depending on tracker

akaidiot

This will defenatly be a uTorrent unique feature. And useful & cool too! :D

So for example all TV-episode torrent on my TV-torrent tracker will have the TV episode folder as default download folder and my music trackers torrents will have my music folder as default etc.

Might work on a tracker which is dedicated to specific things like your oink example..but what about trackers where you can get varied items from software to music to games?

Like i said, its a nice idea... maybe some boffins out there have some more ideas?

You could have it check the files. If tracker is oink.me.uk and file extensions include mp3 then put it in music folder. Good idea, although I don't know that i'd use it. It would be nice to keep things sorted for trackers that you upload and download often. Especially if you could have it move the .torrent to the same folder (or different one for that same tracker)

Personally, I think this feature request would fall under the category of stuff very few people want and most people won't use. Having a centralized download folder gives you a lot more freedom in deciding where things go, and would be plenty better than setting regexes as download folder rules. uTorrent is a BitTorrent, not a download organizer, so I don't think this feature is applicable to it.

EDIT: whoops @ typo

Are trackers speciallized by content? Not really, so it would make a poor criteria and it would just increase the hassle of moving files around.

How do you organize your MP3s, just as an example? There are so many ways that I just don't see a program doing this for me. We all have our personal way to organize files within folders, so any criteria would always fall short and would not satisfy anyone.

I've seen a similar request based on another criteria but honestly, all this managing of files on folders is just too complex to put into a little program.

Are trackers speciallized by content? Not really, so it would make a poor criteria and it would just increase the hassle of moving files around.

Not really? speak for yourself. i am using 3 trackers, and i would love te ability to not mix the download form them in one folder, since they are so different.

all in all this would be a great feature.

Not really? speak for yourself. i am using 3 trackers, and i would love te ability to not mix the download form them in one folder, since they are so different.

all in all this would be a great feature.

So how would you suggest the client decide what tracker's directory to move things to when several trackers are in use for the same torrent? I have several torrents set up to use 5 public trackers. I've seen many torrents that come with several different trackers already in it.

If organizing is so important to you, just rename your torrents and destination directory to begin with [tracker.site.org].

This is a niche-option at best. Unnecessary.

-- Smoovious

• 2 years later...

Covered under "per label" options (do another forum search). Thank you for searching the forum, but resurrecting a 2 year old thread makes it just likely to get sent to the trash bin. ;) I await per-label options with baited breath as well. Uhm, I have 4200, err 4201 torrents loaded right now, and well they are loaded into up to 18 different "categories" a.k.a. user labels. That suffices but I agree being able to automatically set settings similar to those already enabled, but for label would be highly useful.

@ jewelisheaven : i agree with you, but the fact that ppl are talking about this feature since 2 years ago (i read this post at that time too) and the feature is still missing makes it a reason good enough for an update; that's why i choose to actually post here

@ Spartakus : (off-topic) i tested that app and doesn't satisfy my needs; it needs too much memory to run properly

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived