unable to open port

planar_rift

Hello.

I've been trying to configure utorrent for a few days now, and I'm having a real bear of a time. I can't get a port open, and I can't get the yellow triangle to turn green for me.

Here's some info:

I'm running XP Pro SP2.

I initially had problems with nvappfilter but removed it.

Windows firewall is disabled, and I'm not using any other firewall.

I have a linksys WRT54GL router rv 4.30.11

firewall protection has been disabled until I get this figured out.

I'm not running AV.

I've followed the instructions on the faq, set up a static ip and added the utorrent port in the port range section of the router config.

I've also followed the instructions in the faq regarding the config of utorrent itself.

Despite this, I can still connect and download and upload torrents, but I'm sure I'm not getting the speeds I should.

I'm not sure what to do from here, and I haven't had much luck searching the forum. I'm thinking the problem lies with my router, as that seems to come up on the forums quite a bit, but I lack the technical know-how to troubleshoot it without a little help.

If you guys need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks!

So I tried it connected directly to the modem. The portfowarding test passed, but I still did not get a green triangle.

Should I try updating the firmware on the router next?

BTW, I forgot to mention that I also have one of those vonage phone boxes that connects in-line between the router and the modem. I don't know if that will interfere or not but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm also using Comcast as my ISP.

Archived