I have a weird problem with torrents and file associations.

Marc779

I have it on two machines one is the primary for downloads and the other I use rarely. On main machine in some instances when I click on a link the RSS feed window comes up and ask to add the IP address I add the url to the list in the window which I assumed was correct but nothing ever happens with these. On the one that I use occasionally same link - I C&P from one machine to the other - and the "Add Torrent From URL" opens with the clicked torrent address than the "Add new Torrent" windows comes up show the download location and the files and everything is copacetic. Why do the two machines behave differently from what I can see they are set up the same and which one is correct the second I think.

Thanks

Marc

... There is no separate RSS downloader. There is an RSS window (accessible through Ctrl-R). In 1.8 though the listing of RSS feeds / items has been moved to the main torrent window... If you would please in uTorrent Alt-H-A and say which version / build you're using?

URLs aren't added to the RSS downloader. If you "add torrent from URL" uTorrent attempts to contact that URL and download the torrent. From there though your torrent is in the list like every other download. Perhaps if you could use Alt-PrintScreen on uTorrent into something like mspaint and upload the picture...

[ul][li]start->run->mspaint[/li][li]go to uTorrent, hold ALT and press PrintScreen (also abbreviated sometimes to PrntScr)[/li][li]Ctrl-V into mspaint[/li][li]save as PNG or JPG somewhere you'll be able to find the file[/li][li]open http://imageshack.us and upload that file[/li][li]copy paste the code for forum(1) into your reply or make a new reply[/li][/ul] is step-by-step instructions.

Archived