help! low downloding speed (average 4.2kb/s)

ERICKCSH

I have downloaded several things with utorrent. First the average was 10 kb/s. It wasn't so fast but now I will be happy with that average. Because the last 3 downloads the average became 4.2. I have the yellow icon since i have utorrent, i have tried to forward several ports but the test always say that there is no open port. I have read other speed problems in the forum but no of the ways of solving has function. My download speed is 254kb/s and my upload speed is 67kb/s which connection type i should select.

i'm going to try your first link. I dont' t know really, i'm goin to make the test and paste it here

303324218.png when doig the test it said Kbps

I also have some questions of how to set an static ip. Because i have the option. Obtain an ip automatically marked, ishould have to select thr other option and write the ip with the last number diferent from the router? And in the virtual servers it said private ip adress, i should put there the ip adress of the router or?

I also have some questions of how to set an static ip. Because i have the option. Obtain an ip automatically marked, ishould have to select thr other option and write the ip with the last number diferent from the router? And in the virtual servers it said private ip adress, i should put there the ip adress of the router or?

port forwarding where it mentions "virtual server" is probably asking for your computer's LAN ip address...which the router forwards to. The router already knows its own LAN ip.

For static LAN ip, you enter in the LAN ip on the computer you're using under network settings, TCP/IP I believe. Your router's LAN ip becomes your computer's gateway address to get to the internet as well as the DNS server ip address. You can also give 1 or 2 internet ip addresses for backup DNS servers if you so desire. (Fallback in case of failure probably doesn't hurt.)

The router probably has a DHCP (random) ip range. This needs to NOT include your computer's static LAN ip! You could even shrink the DHCP range to only 1-10 ip addresses. Completely turning off DHCP on the router may not be a good idea though. :P

ok im going to try

now i get the green icon but the speed is the same and if i do the test it said that the port is not open.

One of my last downloads went at 25 to 29 download speed but at the final 1% it came the same. I didn't do anything to tjis to change.

Then it sounds like you're getting back more than your giving.

Can't have everyone doing that at once. :(

As a download nears the end, the number of peers with the parts you're missing goes way down...and of those, you probably haven't given them anything -- so if they do upload to you, it's probably slow.

DHT is a special, separate network outside of BitTorrent's normal torrent swarms. It is used to find additional peers/seeds sources for torrents.

...Which is utterly worthless if you've got a very slow internet line and trying to download torrents that already have 20+ peers or seeds.

http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_DHT.3F

It's basically a distributed tracker for public torrents. Useful to find more peers at times, particularly if the tracker for the torrent is down.

And it consumes bandwidth, which is why it'll help to turn off. It doesn't use much, but your connection has so little upload that it can make a big difference.

i do that but it still keep a speed average of 8 or 9 and it could make 25

in one download i don't have nor peers neither seeds why?

if i'm downloading something, and i pause it and turn off the computer when i turn it on i would start all over the download or it would start from the percentage that i already have?

Archived