0 bytes uploaded - until download finishes

HillJack

Did I miss an option somewhere?

My torrent is 1.3gb. 0 bytes uploaded, 0 peers connected... until the 1.3gb download is complete, *then* it kicks into gear at full upload speed/connections... My "Network [is] OK"

How do I make it upload *while* downloading?

Is the "Alternate upload rate then not downloading" option set? And if so, what is your global maximum upload rate set to? (All in Options -> Preferences -> Network Options)

Also, it could be due to the fact that you're only connected to seeds when downloading. Check the Peers-tab to see whether there are any peers connected with less than 100% completed.

Is the "Alternate upload rate then not downloading" option set?

Nope.

Also, it could be due to the fact that you're only connected to seeds when downloading. Check the Peers-tab to see whether there are any peers connected with less than 100% completed.

That's my point - while downloading, I'm only connected to seeds, no peers; hence I am not uploading *anything* of the 1.3gb until my download finishes. As soon as I reach 100% complete, *then* it begins connecting to peers and uploading.

How many seeds/peers are in the swarm on that torrent?

If I remember correctly, there were about 700 seeds, 200 peers. At first I thought "maybe they don't need me" but as I said, once my download was complete, peers began to connect and my upload went from 0 bytes uploaded / 0kbps to my cap of 48kps...

Is it a private torrent on a private tracker?

Yeah, but a tracker I've been with for over a year and have used Azureus w/o problems; a few seconds after I join the swarm (and subsequently get some packets) Azureus begins uploading.

Why was this moved to "speed problems"? It's not a speed problem, if anything, it's a functionality issue; if no peer shares *any* data until it's 100% finished downloading, that kinda defeats the whole premise of BitTorrent; right from the start, Azureus shares what it has: 32 connections per torrent, 8 upload slots per torrent - if set my options to 500 connections per torrent and 100 upload slots, you can't honestly tell me that uTorrent will be so greedy that it will devote all 500 connections for leeching, and leave nothing for uploading while downloading?

Someone else was also experiencing this issue, in that µTorrent is not uploading when downloading...it could be a bug... :/

I can confirm this one... I'm using the up-to-date v. of utorrent (1.4 (build 402)).

When I downloaded form a private tracker a 250mb file, I have upped ~700kB (that is - only bittorrent protocol stuff), no real upload. As soon as download finished it begun to upload. Strange, and i think it IS a bug.

Archived