cuttng utorrent on power/resource usage

fleshsniper1

Is there a way to make utorrent use less power/resource so i can use it for other things such as surfing the net. When i have utorrent on i can barely do any internet activity and it does slow down my computer a little. I remember it says somewhere that utorrent is not a resource hogger but compare to old DC++, utorrent uses 3 to 5 time more. Wondering if there is already a way to limit utorrent from eating so much, if not it would be a nice feature. Utorrent usually kill my internet activities, just wondering how DC++ can do it without as much trouble as they seem to use the same techniques.

I also tested PicaLoader, and it allows you to open limited connection so that it doesnt use as much power as it naturally does and make everything else run faster.

Just wanted to thank you admin, iv been using utorrent for a few years and never knew why it slowed the internet so much until you helped me. Iv read quite a few guides before this but i believe it was the anti virus thing that had utorrent up for scanning, so i turned that off, changed a few settings and for once the internet works now when utorrent is on. Thanks to the many people who took the time to make these guides available.

Archived