cannot sustain connection seeding private tracker

drkstr

Hello,

I am just trying to get a file from my computer to my friends computer, and conventional methods keep failing due to file size. I created a torrent using the embedded tracker method and selected 'Private Torrent'. When he loaded the torrent on his end, there will be a connection for about a minute or less, then it dies. Occasionally, it will start seeding again for about the same amount of time before it dies. We are both on high speed connections. Is there some kind of setting I need to fix to keep a constant connection?

Here are a few of the settings I changed:

bt.allow_same_ip: true

bt.enable_tracker: true

bt.use_ban_ratio: false

peer.disconnect_inactive: false

There are no restrictions on the upload limit. Any ideas?

Thanks!

...drkstr

Did you enable initial seeding on the torrent? Right click, properties to find out. If so, turn it off, and reinitiate connection to him. It should be better then... otherwise, make sure you're encrypted. That should be under the BitTorrent screen in Preferences. Default is "DISABLED" encryption, but you can/should change it to enabled/forced.

thelittlefire: Thanks for the suggestion. That seemed to work a little better. Now I'm getting a couple blips per minute in the speed graph. Do you think it might just be something on his end?

hermanm: I tried a few times to send it to him directly. The transfer would eventually fail for one reason or another and I got sick of waiting all day just to try again. With BT, I can send it in chunks.

Anything is possible.. Please do try what Switeck says also. If you're both on Comcast, it may be that you're ONLY sending to him.. see what happens if you start up say http://slackware.com/torrents/ and download @ 1-5 KiBps... it may decrease the interruption, or not. I haven't been on Comcast's network for over a year.

Re: interruption, yeah that's the nice thing about BT, inline error checking and resuming :D Good luck.

hermanm: I tried a few times to send it to him directly. The transfer would eventually fail for one reason or another and I got sick of waiting all day just to try again. With BT, I can send it in chunks.

Yes, ComCast is disrupting more than just BitTorrent traffic.

Archived