After all is said and done

rjc862003

ok @ mods before you go locking this topic please read it some

Ok when BitTorrent Aquired Utorrent ever one was in a Uprour over this or that

I have been useing Utorrent since 1.5 and have been useing the 1.8 beta since the first version

and as of build 11564 1.8 I don't see any reasion to fear the change (yet)

there are a few things

1. utorrent has put on some weight from 246kb binary Size to 260k not much of a increase when compaired to all the cool stuff thats been fixed/add'd

and still Uber small

2. memory useage is just a TaD higher but not enough to spit at ( again well worth the 1mb more usege for all the stuff we get)

3. Stablity NO ISSUES I Can Run For days as i Could with 1.7

all in all I need to ask all of you WHAT THE f*** where you all B1tc*ing about looks like all the uproar with all for nothing (but we will see what 1.8.xx brings)

Everyone that was really worried tended to assume the worst.

If uTorrent has any phone-home features, they have to be pretty small and innocuous...as some testers have been doing wireshark logs for stuff like ISP throttling and would probably notice packets to uTorrent.com

I personally disable gui.bypass_search_redirect in advanced settings...not so much because it's phone-home as it's just more bandwidth wasted for something I don't want. :P

Okey. Well I didn't notice the increased memory footprint. I do know it uses 100-200 KiB more RAM per torrent loaded, but that allows more data storage and it doesn't leak like a sieve anymore, so that's the BIG PLUS compared to even 1.7. Additional perks include magnet: support ability to bypass windows memory management, and fixes for those newer OSes (server 2008.. and I bet sometime soon, windows 7). The full changelog can be found @ http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31998

Archived