Error: Not enough free space on disk on NTFS?

tornado88

• 2 weeks later...

i also receive this error. i have enough space on the disk (more than 20 gigs and NTFS). the torrent stops downloading and shows error but when i hit start it continues to download until the error arbitrarily pops up again. This only started happening after 1.8 upgrade.

To OP, I think it has more in my opinion to do with not enough HDD space...and maybe time to do some deleting or defrag of the HDD. Burning off files download to CD/DVD would go along way to aleviate your spacee issues. Since we don't know what kinda laptop your using and the O/S we can't do much other then speculate on the problem.

To bgmnt are you sure the torrent file isn't corrupted or has data corruption from the trackers?? What is the file the your having problem with?? I think also as well your HDD has to much files on it. Or your doing way to many torrents that totalled more then your HDD has space for..in that case delete what you don't need and defrag for more space.

I run XP and the files in question are ~500-600mb. I have enough space. I would say it's just a tracker problem but it has happened to multiple torrents now. I will attempt to defrag and see if that helps. Again this only started happening right after I upgraded to 1.8 and has never happened before, so maybe it's something with the new version.

Hello every1, I've been having the same problems. Everytime i download anything i get this disk space error even though i have enuf space, no quotas and its been defraged.

I was using 1.6 fine until i updated to 1.8, which caused this error. Anyway around it??

I'm gna go back to 1.6 now.....i will tell u if it works.

I didn't touch anything and after the error message popped up about 20 times in a few hours, after a reboot it's only given me the error once in a day. However, now I seem to have a problem of the program disconnecting from seeders after a long period of time, but that might be a connection problem (though it didn't happen to *multiple* torrents in previous versions).

Maybe another reboot is in order. ;)

Archived