need new router, what is the best solution now on market?

atw

• 2 weeks later...

This is my personal belief so you may not agree with it. Try to avoid getting the all-in-one routers (ie. the ADSL+router types). I always consider all possibilities so in the event that you switch to cable or switch to DSL, you can just switch modems without having to get a new router every time. It's a bit more modular and less hassle in the long run.

I use a Linksys WRT54G. Its hardware revision is 3.0 and I run a custom 3rd-party firmware. Due to the open-source nature of the firmware, a lot of things are possible. These routers are the most flexible as you can make it slim and simple or full-featured and complex. I personally recommend staying away from Belkin routers in any shape or form. The last Belkin router I have used cannot even withstand 24/7 operation and thus I had it removed from duty and reassigned to WAP.

sergiorodrigues,

I have a Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router (F5D7633uk4A) and one of their high speed USB adapters. It has not crashed once since changing to channel 3 and the USB adapter just works with no hassle. I used to have Netgear and the adapter crashed several times a day.

I recommend it!

Archived