ports will not open on a dlink dir-625

scaryjam823

Well ive setup ports for utorrent before. But my computer crashed so i had to re-setup and configure utorrent and my router. I made me a static ip address, i used the same port as i had before my computer crashed (56074),i forwarded the port properly in my router. But when i test if the port is open on utorrent it says it is closed. Ive checked, re-checked, then checked again and ive done everything correct. I have no antivirus software running except for avast (because i cant close it, i did stop protection on it) i dont have a firewall except for the one that comes with windows and ive turned it off, added an exception, added a port and still not working. My speeds are around 25kb/s for each torrent(some are even slower, i got one now at 8kb/s). Which is slower than what they should be (it should be around 100kb/s average). There are seeders for it so i know its not that. I just have no idea what to do, please can someone help me?

What components are running in "avast!"? Is the computer the only thing that changed in your network setup? Did you use the same static IPa? Did you try an IPa outside the D-Links DHCP range (range is in the router settings)? What does µTorrent say about the error (the net' status icon)? What message does the icon give on mouse over?

Okay i have the yellow light. I never noticed that before and it says the same thing in the link you gave (no incoming connections).

Alright the components are as follows:

Instant Messaging

Internet Mail

Network Shield

Outlook Exchange

Standard Shield

Web Shield

P2P Shield

Im assuming the P2P Shield is the problem, ill mess with some settings and see if i can fix it. Under customize utorrent is unchecked for scanning if that helps any.

My IPa is 192.168.0.170. Im going away for a couple days and i dont think they have internet so ill have to get back with you in a few days.

Based on the FAQ, you probably shouldn't have the P2P shield. I only installed the on-access scanner. It could also be your router. Can you try switching to automatic addressing, and bypassing your router as a test? Or is it a router modem? To run a port forward test double-click the network status icon and click the test port button at the bottom right.

Archived