Problems with uTorrent on CrossOver/Darwine

GIESSE

Hello,

I've been struggling with a problem I have with uTorrent running on my Mac. (uTorrent is running perfectly on my Ubuntu box with the latest version of Wine, but for a number of reasons I have to get it running on my Macbook.)

At first I tried running it on CrossOver (since I paid for it :) ) - also tried CrossOver Games. uTorrent runs, but after a while (randomly, sometimes an hour, sometimes almost immediatly) it starts eating 100% CPU and the UI just hangs. Sometimes it gets back to normal after a few minutes, sometimes not and I have to kill it. After reading around in this forum, I tried downloading Darwine to see if it would make any difference, but it seems ever worse there (and CrossOver has a much better integration with OSX, although they fail with the systray support).

Anybody seeing the same thing, or having any suggestions? Don't tell me to use Transmission, I tried it, but it really sucks compared to uTorrent...

Edit: right now Darwine is logging this:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x45f404 "?" wait timed out in thread 0009, blocked by 0013, retrying (60 sec)

uTorrent 1.7.7

CrossOver 7.0.2

Darwine 1.1.2

Edit:

So, I assume this happens to me only?

I noticed that if I keep uTorrent's window minimized in the dock, the problem is less frequent. (It still happens though.) So it may be somehow related to X11.

Archived