• 1 month later...
  • Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

amonrei & a44: I was informed by a personel in Streamyx's division that they are throttling P2P based software but they do not control the ports. So whatever port numbers you configure in your router will not make a difference including ports for VoIP, NetMeeting and so on. It is also said that due to the submarine cable that connects to China, Hong Kong & US for extra bandwidth, Telekom is actually renting it from them but it was faulty and an attempt for repair has already begun. Although the submarine cable only affects Sabah & Sarawak, I believe Telekom servers itself can't manage their Streamyx subscribers bandwidth and therefore, they are throttling our bandwidths cause it is known that many Malaysians applied Streamyx for P2P purposes especially torrents. Nonetheless, even if they repaired that submarine cable, I don't think they will restore our bandwidth back to previous state cause this is 1 way to reduce piracy in Malaysia.

There is a catch however, the Telekom personel gave me a very useful piece of information saying that Telekom is blocking by keywords meaning, filenames that have extensions of .torrent, (e-donkey & e-mule extensions). He said, if I am able to find a way to load my torrents without loading the .torrent file, then my bandwidth will be back as usual. Sadly, I do not know of any other way to open a torrent file. I've tried some sites that have the option of "Azureus Magnet Link" but it still didn't work. If you are wondering why he told me so, he is also a serious torrent user. I hope someone will figure out a way to avoid this.

I have no problem logging into SecureIX, but doesn't always give great results.

Another problem I've gotten sick of is leeching. To give an example, I'll use numbers from a current torrent I have going, but won't give details about what I am dling as I know it's against the rules. With the torrent I have going, I have a ratio of 2.336 and I have my upload set to 80-90% (up to 72Kbps). I have about 18% of the torrent done, yet people that are at 30-80% are downloading 10 times more from me than they are uploading in return. That's going by uploaded/downloaded stats not just the current speed, which can fluctuate. Now, I have no problem doing my part, but I think that's ridiculous. Those people cut into the amount of upload bandwidth I have, and leave less for people that deserve it - ie people that share. So, I right click peers and make sure resolve IP isn't set in order to get the IP address. Then, I add rules to my firewall to block the IPs of those leechers on all ports. The result is that more upload bandwidth is available to those that deserve it.

If people want to download without giving anything in return, they should use newsgroups.

Load torrent without loading the .torrent file? Interesting...

And lol i really hope there are more people in Telekom like that guy who told you the stuff. Who knows, maybe some of the top brass are heavy BT users and restore the bandwidth :D

• 3 weeks later...
Tick another one ISP that blocks p2p traffic.

It's HOL from Greece. They limit all connections/transfers of bittorrent network, dc++, emule etc..

Even with encryption enabled the problem exists. Blame it on HOL! tongue

That's crap HOL RULES =D I DL 150KB stable on tested line 1.38MB and my UL speed 25KB on line 222KB.

You don't doing something correct or your settigs are wrong or your choice of torrents are wrong. I'm sorry for you.:lol:

Didn't you see AgentWolf 's post? :/

Update on Shaw Cable Canada..........

I am in the center region of canada on shaw extremem internet, Motorola SB5101, No router, Using Cable nut with the update package set to 3500-384 cable winxp, I changed my port to 1720 which from what ive heard from some buddies at shaw is the port Range for there voip, i restarted the system changes my registry to allow 150 max half open tcps, Glad to report that with PE on enable with legacy checked my DL is a constan 250-285 KBps and my upload is spike upwards of a 100 kbps.

So for Shaw Cable go to port 1720 and give it a try.....

Happy downloading.....

Has Anyone Stopped To Think That Maybe Rogers Wants Bt User's To Go Else Where! Eventually Bt User's Will Cause Any Network Various Issues. I Think They Should Find A Median Myself. I Also Heard Someone Say That They Have To Pay For The Bandwidth!!! Rogers Rebuilt There Entire Backbone When @home Bailed. Their Network And Docsis Platform Could Easily

Handle 24-28 M/ps Just Think About It People Are Streaming Movies(virtual Channel Technology) To Their Homes Everyday From Digital Boxes Thats A Network. All The Isp's Are Going To Deal With This As People Venture On How To Do It. Any Company That Plans On Having A Future Will Be Thinking Of The Future And That Means A Throttle Of Some Sort. The Majority Of User's Are Not Bt's. Stop And Think About If The Majority Was!!!! So That Portion That Are Bt's Would Be Better Off To Go To Another Network In A Big Providers Eye's. Hey This Is Just One Guys Opinion.

This program will stop comcast.net, I have tried it and it works, it may work for others, you will have to try it yourself.

Source http://www.DosDragon.com

It has come to my attention that Comcast.net has been throttling users by intermittently shutting off a PC's access to the internet. This throttling is intentional, it does not slow the connection but actually HALT or shut off the connection for up to five minutes at a time. I believe they are doing this to prevent flooding, bittorent, down-loaders or VPN access. Though Comcast's terms of service prohibit the use of a VPN on a non-commercial account, their actions are hurting innocent customers. The intentional shut off a user's account can also effect Internet Telephones such as Vontage. These actions could disconnect an important call like 911. After studying the problem I found Comcast is storing MAC address's from personal PCs. This is a gross invasion of privacy and can land the cable company in court. I have provided software for users with a router that allows spoofing the MAC address and restores the connection. The software can be run manually or automatic to detect the loss of internet connection then reset your Network interface card with a new Spoofed MAC address restoring your connection within seconds. You may download the software here http://www.dosdragon.com/antithrottle.zip

vtcom, and others in malaysia... any inside story on how we can improve speeds?

health is 29xx% and i'm connected to 27 seeders and 37 peers...

and nothing else seems to be using up the bandwidth....

plus, limewire is still giving me decent speeds, should i switch to p2p?

grrrr...

Hi I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina and My Isp is Fibertel Argentina ( http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs )

I Have 2.5M but The Traffic Shaping Kill my utorrent .. I try all ... encript, i change the ports , numbers of connections , SECUREiX etc etc ... but nothing :(

During the day my downloads are 15 - 30K and only 3 or 4 AM i have 300K a few hours.

They People based you limitation to QOS (Quality Of Service) and use Netenforcer or similar to Traffic Shaping or packet shaping.

This People are kill all P2P include FTP downloads

PS. Sorry for my ENGLiSH

Hi,

I'm a new here..Lookin around and try to understand the "speed" you guys talked about.. I started to download a file 2 days ago and tried some setting on my firewall to get it works, and it did. I excited when it started download.

Last nite it just stopped downloading and only upload works. I followed the guide and tried some setting that suggested in the forum and I still got zero on download speed. My download speed just idle, but upload just continue whatever speed I set. I got 14(28) on "peers" and none on "seeds"

I customerize my NAV internet security setting for torrent and also disable it when I use torrent download..And I got a green tick on the status bar but, it just won start download.. :( It's just wasted my bandwidth. I need gurus' advise. Thx.

If there are non seeds in the swarm and the availability is less then 1.000 then it does mean that not one complete set of all pieces is in the swarm. In that situation and when your upload ratio is much much greater then what you have downloaded you can pause that torrent and wait if a seeder comes back.

But if you see seeders: 0 of 0 connected (x-thousands in swarm) it is likely that you wanted to download something that was not authorized to be downloaded and that it is a so called Faketorrent. The torrent is useless datagarbage in that case and you can delete it!

(Before you ask for specifics see the global anouncement, please)

Hi µtorrent-Guest,

Looks like I hit the dan wall..there is no seeds at all. :( I will pause the download file see if the seeds come back. Just wonder if the file is bad, how come I can download till 90%? But again, the file may bogous file. Can we black list the bogous file or its provider? It just wasted other people's time and bandwidth!!

You mean look at the bad ISPs list? I heard my ISP singtel, is throttles the traffic but not proof they do. Any software can chk if the ISP is throttles its traffic? Thx

• 2 weeks later...

dubaimax, you having the same 1 ISP problem? Well, sometimes my speed could jump up to 20, 30 or even 40kBps on a good torrent. But most of the time it stays below or around 5 kBps. Some torrents even refuse to work. I can connect to peers and send out requests, but the peers aren't sending anything.

I hope they find some way to bypass this soon. Then it'll be an arms race, with the ISPs fighting against ever more powerful encryption. Then it'll be too expensive and they'd throw in the towel.

That's the ideal scenario for me. After all, it costs a lot more for them to find better packet inspectors then for developers to improve encryption(am i right?).

Well, either that, or someone crashes a plane into the ISP's HQ leaving more room for other more reasonable ISPs to fill the void. Seriously, everytime a torrent refuses to work, I feel increasingly tempted to do it myself :mad:

BTW, Limewire IS p2p. But it kinds sucks hard compared to BT in terms of content and reliability, not to mention security.

From dosdragon.com

December 8th 2006 A new version of Anti-throttle is now available. Version 1.1.4.3 can be downloaded at this link. This version contains multiple test sites. Along with a faster response and user override abilities. You can reset your NIC without waiting even when it is in auto-mode.

December 6th 2006 Anti-throttle was a success, over one million downloads. After four days the spool test site collapsed. It could not handle the queries the software did to verify internet access. I have a new version available temporarily fixing this problem. A newer version that will alternate test locations will be available this weekend. Out of the millions of users I have only had a few that claimed it did not help their problem. This software will restart your internet access if it has been shut off, not if it has been slowed. It requires the PC to be behind a router and have a fixed IP such as 192.168.1.something (if possible). If you are not behind a router your IP will change when your internet access has been restored, this will kill any downloads you was doing. The software has been tested with normal browsers and flooding software such as can be found at http://www.spamdspammer.com Many users have told me it repairs problems with bittorent but I have not verified this. Please be patient as I get a newer version available for download.

http://www.dosdragon.com/antithrottle.zip

"This software will restart your internet access if it has been shut off, not if it has been slowed which how most ISP are trottling BT."

Your Modem already has a function to detect if Internet connection is down and auto redial. Just have to set the correct setting.

TM Net used to disconnect my connection when my download speed gets to high but my modem/router reconnects back and utorrent reconnects to its peers very fast also. So they stoped this dumb ass method and now they throttle BT using some device during the day time and less during the night. Disconnection and throttling do not work well together so most ISP will be using one of the methods only. Throttling is the latest method to use by ISP who's in the process of upgrading their network or have cash to burn.

A better encryption level is the best answer

In the mean time let your ISP know what you use your connection for.

I'm a BT user, I have no use for a 1Mbs line if I can't use BT. If the BT bloacking keeps up you'll find yourself lossing alot of customers.

Archived