stats, save torrent, double-clicking,...

seeke

nice program! although i miss some things:

1. i miss more stats - average dl/ul speed for certain torrent would be nice (and also cumulative)

2. save torrent function would also be nice - i mean, by rightclicking on a task there would be a "save torrent" option..

3. instead of clicking on red and green icons, you should be able to stop and resume task only by double-clicking on a task.

4. it's nice to limit your speed, but i also like to set "minimum speed to keep" either for dl or ul..

just some ideas.. keep up the good work! with all this ideas on the forum, next version of utorrent should rock!

1) hmm, keeping stats would mean extra files needing to be saved. i think it kinda beats the goals of µTorrent.

2) You can use the option that saves opened torrents into a folder you chose.

3) Might be useful, i guess.

4) I dont think thats even possible, to force a torrent to keep a minimum speed. Its not like your client can force other people to share ;)

4) I dont think thats even possible, to force a torrent to keep a minimum speed. Its not like your client can force other people to share ;)

BitComet does this.. poorly i might add.. but it does..

btw the meaning of this would be if u have many downloads and you are priotizing another torrent and want its speed to have a minimum!

:)

I really cant think how is this possible.

The download speed at least, comes from a dozen things you CANT control.

Upload is somewhat sensible, but download ? think about it for a second.

The ability to force people to upload to you at a steady rate ? I dont think so ;p

its not about forcing other ppl to give u a certain speed.. its more like forcing your own client to give u a certain (or minimum) speed on a torrent..

I think number 4 is touching the issue of prioritizing torrents which uTorrent currently doesn't have. If I understand you correctly, if the torrent falls below the minimum download, uTorrent would queue it and start another torrent.

I like this idea. Currently I can set the number of max active torrents but some of my torrents simply don't download (or upload) even though they are in "downloading" state. Instead of using that slot uselessly, uTorrent would set it to queue and start the next one (as long as the max number of down slots are occupied).

I don't know if proritization can be as simple as this but something is needed.

If thats what you meant, its kinda possible now. You have the option to start a new torrent if upload speed falls below X. True, its a global thing and not just towords a single torrent, but it works simliarly. In combination, you have the option to stop a torrent if it doesnt upload for X hours (lowest is 0.5 hour i think).

I would appreciate this feature too. It exists in BitComet and is very practical, when you know how to use it.

Let's see if I can explain it clearly:

the ability to set a minimum speed allows you to better control priority when you have several downloads who would max out your download speed.

i.e:

4 dls on a good tracker which can go at 40k each (enough good seeds, etc.)

my global dl speed is 100k

if I set minimum speed at 23k for each, it will dl at about same speed each.

if the connection for dl1 falls, and it cannot stay at 23k, the others will use the extra bandwidth.

But as soon as the conection for dl1 is reestablished well, the speed will come back to 23k.

So there is a dynamic adjustment between all torrents.

If I do it in reverse (max speed of 25k for each), then when one falls, the others cannot use the free bandwidth.

And if I would set max speed for each at 35k for example, that might mean that one will always be stuck at a low speed because the other 3 torrents would max out their own speed.

It comes down to how to prioritize and use smartly your bw.

Archived