Option to change font size.

Thermoptic

If i want to see all the fields in utorrent (name, #, size, done, stats....) the scroll list will just be too long, i would have a nice overview of all the fields. If i just could change to a smaller font i could see them all. so.. it would be great to have an option to change the font size. thanks for a great app!

• 4 weeks later...

Would like to see this too. It's tough to make out the 9pt Tahoma font that seems to be used for tabs and data in the main window.

I have 10pt Verdana set in my windows options but µTorrent does not obey this. Would be great to have customizable fonts.

• 5 months later...

Gravedigging > creating dupe

From other people's reports, setting a higher DPI increased the font size already, so if the problem is the text being too small on a high resolution screen, then increasing the DPI should help. If it's purely for customization's sake... well, I don't know, as custom colors was shot down as well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Changing the DPI in WinXP does change the font size in µTorrent, but to ill effect. The Widgets are hard-scaled for 96DPI, 12pt Tahoma, which smashes the enlarged text fields into one another, chopping off the tops of letters and truncating the ends of character strings. Aside from being an unholy mess, this makes the status window patently unusable.

Bumping this thread to request a properly scalable GUI

• 4 months later...

I recently changed skin in XP and I've noticed this little problem with uTorrent (latest beta and last stable versions):

bar.png

I have Large 120 DPI fonts set, but the theme (Royale XP) didn't change that, so is it Appearance fonts I should change? If so, which one?!

Where should I make my fonts smaller to be able to see the full text?

Thanks. :)

I would like to add my request for this. I read through the forums and even in the Trash section and saw many requests for the same. Supposedly uTorrent uses the Windows default font but I have not found this to be true.

I changed every single Windows font setting just to see if I could change things. uTorrent does use the windows fonts for SOME of it's text but nothing I did could change the size of the main torrent listing font.

This is the answer to the comment I saw that if you find the uTorrent font too small then you should find other fonts in windows too small. The answer is that uTorrent, while using your windows font settings for some things does not use it for the torrent list and that is a bit small.

I notice also that this feature has been requested for many years and was not put in. I switched to the 1.7 beta hoping that perhaps the cries had been answered but nope. I can only assume that not adding this feature was a design decision which is a shame.

That's my only gripe about uTorrent. That I can't customize that font. Nothing else. I went to skins hoping that maybe that was the answer but nope. So I add my request here to the list but without much hope.

• 1 month later...

Adding my 2cents too... The fonts on my other apps are all large, with µTorrent being the only exception... So apparently it has nothing to do with the windows settings, µTorrent is the only app that doesn't change font size...

Archived