speed limited to 30 KBPS

davieslad

right, before i start i will say that i cannot port forward my current router, as i dont have access to it.

basically my query is that whenever i download anything using utorrent (or others), the combined total download speed is 30 KBPS. however if i download something from bbc iplayer im getting about 400 (and i beleive that its a torrent network on that).

my housemate, who isnt port forwarded either gets about 200 through his pc normally using utorrent also.

can anyone suggest anything to stop the download from being throttled? im fairly sure its a setting somewhere in vista thats doing it, as it does it on different routers.

any help appreciated

cheers

ed

ive run a speed test, and set the rate correctly for this connection, and that pretty much stops all downloads completely.

looking a bit more closely, the upload is limited to 5 kbps too, which is strange as ive set it to 23.

on the speed graph, if i have upload and download showing, there is a green line at 30, and a red line at 5 for the up and down.

cheers

ed

Your ISP is probably hostile to BitTorrent traffic, but it's still possible your bad results are because you're firewalled and/or using bad settings in uTorrent.

2nd link in my signature for speed settings...they differ only a little from uTorrent's regular Speed Guide (CTRL+G) ones...but they'll do.

A final note:

You and your housemate cannot upload at full speed of your connection at the same time without lag...so you may need to reduce your upload speed and so might your housemate...or run file sharing clients at different times (such as using uTorrent's Scheduler for turn-off hours).

• 1 year later...

Could someone give a step by step guide to fixing this because Im getting the same problem as the OP :(

Download and upload speed are set to unlimited but the download speed doesnt go higher than 25 when a few days ago it was touching 75/80kbs

When I have multiple torrents the combined download speed doesnt exceed 25kbs too :(

Heres an image:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7221/helpd.jpg

A few days ago I could set the download limit to 1000kbs but now I can only set it to 25 and 25 is basically the highest speed Im getting even though the limit s set to unlimited :/

Archived