µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

so this is what i did just a few minutes ago:

one torrent is finished and downloaded to hdd. added second torrent hashcecked etc... the two torrent file has different filename but their names are the same (i think it comes from their main directory name) hash on the general tab is different. while checking, the torrent file was visible in appdata directory after the check is done the file is moved to the finished directory (Move .torrents for finished jobs to: option is enabled) overriding the previous torrent (both has the same file name in the finished directory). before the second torrent is added and after it is finished i checked the resume.dat and found only one entry to the torrent pointing to the torrent file in the finished directory both times.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My µTorrent 1.7 had the following line only in ipfilter.dat

91.189.104.1 91.189.111.254

(note there is one space between the two range limits) and it worked.

I cannot remember where I found this syntax, I believe I read it in FAQ.

Installed µTorrent 1.8 and suddenly those ip are not blocked anymore.

Re-read the FAQ to discover that the official syntax is

91.189.104.1-91.189.111.254

With this line µTorrent 1.8 blocking works again.

Does IPfilter.dat (when enabled) block only incoming connections or does it prevent an outgoing connection as well? - and syntax is supposed to be ...

91.189.104.1 - 91.189.111.254

91.189.143.1 - 91.189.143.254

.. is it not?

Sorry if I am a tad off topic, but this is relavent to the past couple of posts.

That Update Tracker bullshit is not an improvement at all. You should be able to click it whenever the fuck you want. Specially if you are only seeding and want to update the peers and watch how is it going on the tracker site at any time.

Stop "improving" what already works. Going back to 1.7 or finding another one.

... You weren't held enough as a child.

If the site wants to specify how often you SHOULD CONTACT IT, you have no right whatsoever to do it more often, especially since the methods/response is standardized and documented. That it can be done on any client is a result of internal/external team decisions. This team decided to respect tracker owner wishes.

I would love to have some info.on how i allways only seed on my own (NOTcomplaining) but it seems to me that sometimes even when there are plenty of peers i am just not wanted and this pains me as i endeavor to upload more than i download I cannot find any info abot this type of seeding Can you give me any please?

ok at moment but have had as many as 1200 peers and but zero to upload - no matter how long i leave it none appear other times a continual fifty to upload to am realy quite happy with it but if you look over the past week i have uploaded(?) around 30gib downloaded probably less than half that and would MUCH rather seed at moment am uploading around 40-50kbs sec dl maybe 2kbs (seeding 2 dl/up1 most of the time i stick to 1or2 unless very small files then maybe 4 no point in saying right now amounts of seeds/peers because it is a ok - Am seeding on a upload 'the story of shaolin ' to 11 peers and dl from public domain tracker VERY slow as only i seeder &inc self 2 peers so that is to be expected it is just that it puzzles me as to how it works have a idea but not sure and i work in algorithms so like to know exactly what is going on May i say i mentioned about instant downloading a week or so ago -think it went in the trash - AOL are investigating closely and i have had engineers sent by them to examine my pc's Nothing wrong but do 'phone me and i them am told it will be a ongoing investigation Tho i will not allow them to examine my work pc's seperate isp anyway and on a seperate circuit My bosses would go balistic if i allowed access to that WISH the instant dl could be resolved tho but do not think AOL will come up with an answer i have a copy of user manual and would love some answers on single seeding cannot find any

Archived