µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry -most of the time my mind is on my work - The computers for that are right behind me. At the moment things are working as i would expect on this one, just 1 seeding and 1 downloading .(normal) Perhaps it is best to leave it as it is as you are not going to tell me how single seeding works . No problem i am just very curious so thank you anyway

Very interesting THANK YOU for your trouble. Going to start with azureus I am one of those strange people who only need about 3 hrs sleep each night and my work computers are happy at the moment Going to enjoy the next hour or two. As they say utorrent is the best . Me to.I have used at least 8 different including azereus and your old bittorrent. May you prosper and stay the best

hi i am a new user on this forum but i got a solution on utorrent 1.8 stable version with nod32 2.7 so u can download with nod32 at the same time no problem also u dont have to disable imon so follow this instruction

open nod32 and select IMON and then SETUP

Select MESCELLANEOUS and then EDIT under the header EXCLUSION

Select ADD and select utorrent.exe file, the one you use to open the program and the select OPEN

Cllick Ok and then OK again, lower nod32 and close and reopen utorrent. It should be working!

I know this is probably just the usual private tracker paranoia, but thought I'd let you guys know anyway. The same tracker that banned µTorrent beta is now banning the stable as well. Here is what they say:

All uTorrent 1.8 versions (Including 1.8 Stable) are going to be banned from {TRACKER}. This is due to various bugs/exploits that affect users stats.

I have no idea what bugs they speak of that could possibly affect user stats.

EDIT:

Rectification: We solved the issues with the UT 1.8 stable version therefore users who want to upgrade to the stable again are free to do so. Cos there are some nasty undefined bugs in one off the betas these are still banned

Maybe you can solve the issues with the beta as well? LOL!

Thankyou! Small issue I have noticed. When Scheduler has uTorrent turned off there is a small download continues, usually below 2kb/s. I have DHT turned off. This wasnt noticeable in the previous version that I used to leave on continuously. There does seem to be a leakage in 1.8 as my download usage increases if I leave uTorrent 1.8 running with Scheduler in a Turned Off state. :)

It takes bandwidth, even download speed, to maintain TCP connections to your computer.

While uploading, there is also reply packets from the peers you're uploading to...which count as download by uTorrent. Handshakes when a peer or seed is first connecting is an additional download amount.

By limiting per-torrent and global connections to a lower amount and/or reducing half open connection limit in uTorrent, the download amount used per hour while just seeding should decrease noticeably. Even allowing only encrypted connections might reduce the download amount slightly.

Thanks for your reply.

However if uTorrent is turned off in Scheduler then there are no uploads occuring therefore there are no TCP connections maintained by uTorrent. Version 1.7 sat quite confortably on 0kbs and my download limit was not effected. However Version 1.8 continues with a small download of less then .1-.2kbs when uploads sitting at .01 -.02kbs. I can understand this happening if I was seeding however I only have a small download so I am forced to stop my seeding during peak time.

With version 1.7 I could leave my PC running 24x7 without any concerns of my download quota being effected however v1.8 is causing my download to increase even though I am not downloading, uploading or seeding? :|

I'm having no such issue at all. I get a small ~30 secs/ <1K activity every 5/15 minutes and 0 otherwise. I don't think this small amount should have a significant effect on your limits... but it is interesting what causes it.

16793173zw0.png

... There's no difference in "background" traffic. You don't notice why you have spikes like in rafi's graph? Turn off DHT, RSS, or bt.scrape_stopped.

@ rafi: Your graph actually doesn't give much information without context.. it shows at roughly 5 minute intervals your uT was doing SOMETHING. The hour-graph (30 sec. intervals between update) shows what I notice, that probably those spikes are DHT traffic(It takes about 2 minutes to update your cache both IN and OUT). I guess you don't use RSS, or you'd see more overhead every 15 minutes (or down to 5)... My 15 feeds of 20 items each pumps out 100 KiBps down, 5 KiBps up sustained for about 30 seconds every update interval.

no, since DHT was disabled as well (as you can see on the status bar...). So was PEX. BUT you are right... I forgot about RSS. I have about 12 feeds scanned every 20 min. I'll turn this off and wait&see again...

edit:

strange... another bug... tried to set RSS interval (rss.update_interval) to 201234 and it was set to 10 min... :)

well. I'll just add this to my RSS features&bugs list here ... http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=352646#p352646 ;)

edit(2):

well, I cannot get RSS interval to work at all... is it broken ? It always 10 min ...

This one still pops up the window with the message If you pad for it. The popping is fine. But more often than not, it pops it under many other windows and then you dont see anything and wonder what happened, there is no icons or windows displayed. You have to close all other windows to find the pop in between.

... Alt-Tab doesn't bring up the popup window? Previously when that happened your modal dialog would be accessible from Alt-Tab. :( If this is no longer the case due to all dialogs being non-modal perhaps something should be added to the Alt-Tab logic to bring all windows to front in this case. (Previously there were problems with the crash dialog getting hidden)

No Thank You From Me

I Dl Version 1.8 And All Dl's Went No Faster Then 12kb/s

I Might Be A Newb But If You Cant Make A Product User Friendly Dont Make It For The Open Market, Cos I Checked The Bandwidths And They Were All Set Correct. So I Just Reinstalled 1.7 All Good For Now But If Any1 Knows Where I Went Wrong Or Could Fix The Problem Im Having Please Comment. I Have Enjoyed Utorrent Downloads For Atleast The Last Two Years And Would Like The Oppertunity To Use 1.8.

Thanks Halde

"I Dl Version 1.8 And All Dl's Went No Faster Then 12kb/s"...

"I Checked The Bandwidths And They Were All Set Correct.

Do a run-down of the 2nd link in my signature. You'd probably get considerably more than 12 KiloBYTES/second download speeds using the correct sustainable upload settings for your line.

Archived