µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have some problems with the new version 1.8. We have an internal network addresses 10.152.0.0/16 with more than 20 thousand users and their tracker. Some users do not have access to the Internet. These users "Network Status" bitmap in the program uTorrent always red. This is of concern to users. Please do in the new versions is an option to use the old port testing algorithm (for example net.old_port_testing_algorithm true / false). Thank you in advance.

I am a newbie at this torrent concept. I do have 1.7.7 running with no problem. When I try to use "update" tab, it states none are available. I uninstalled 1.7.7, went to the site and cliked on the download for 1.8 but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Why does Greedy Torrent no longer work with Utorrent? Never been a problem before, now the proxy connect does not work. Total bummer for those of us in places that don't have 100 or 1000 MB lines and wanna keep our accounts in private sites.

Can y'all fix that?

Web seeding. In my Apache access_log, I'm seeing BTWebClient/1800 trying to GET a file but the path is off:

xx.xxx.x.xxx - - [11/Aug/2008:00:09:16 -0400] "GET /event.HDTV.XviD/CD2\\event.cd2.r12 HTTP/1.1" 404 2354 www.domain.com "-" "BTWebClient/1800" "-"

For some reason, only BTWebClient/1800 will try a GET with two backslashes before the file name. All the other clients are accessing with a 206 (partial get) which is what I expect. I've noticed this several builds now.

I'm not seeing this issue if there is not a sub-folder within the main folder - e.g. GET /event.HDTV.XviD/event.cd2.avi

Web seeding. In my Apache access_log, I'm seeing BTWebClient/1800 trying to GET a file but the path is off:

xx.xxx.x.xxx - - [11/Aug/2008:00:09:16 -0400] "GET /event.HDTV.XviD/CD2\\event.cd2.r12 HTTP/1.1" 404 2354 www.domain.com "-" "BTWebClient/1800" "-"

For some reason, only BTWebClient/1800 will try a GET with two backslashes before the file name. All the other clients are accessing with a 206 (partial get) which is what I expect. I've noticed this several builds now.

I'm not seeing this issue if there is not a sub-folder within the main folder - e.g. GET /event.HDTV.XviD/event.cd2.avi

Send me the torrent?

Web seeding. In my Apache access_log' date=' I'm seeing BTWebClient/1800 trying to GET a file but the path is off:

xx.xxx.x.xxx - - [11/Aug/2008:00:09:16 -0400'] "GET /event.HDTV.XviD/CD2\\event.cd2.r12 HTTP/1.1" 404 2354 www.domain.com "-" "BTWebClient/1800" "-"

Send me the torrent?

Fixed, thanks!

I love the new interface!

Seeing data per tracker is nice and the integration of RSS feeds saves me clicking.

What I am missing though, is a button to access my RSS favorites.

It took me a moment to find it hidden under Options > RSS downloader.

Also about that same window, can it either be integrated or expanded with a maximize/minimize button?

It still feels a little "tacked on" instead of being a real part of the program.

Finally, I'd love to see RSS icon tweaked with a little "+" or something to indicate that it calls an "Add" dialog.

I keep hitting it to call up my favorites but that has obviously changed.

Edit: what I forgot to mention is this:

Can a local lookup function please be added? Somethign akin to "ctrl+F" in most applications.

I usually keep my torrents in the list for easy reseeding if the need arises, but with 100+ torrents it becomes a minor annoyance to quickly locate the correct torrent.

Keep up the good work!

Archived