µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acbdu :

i just had to register to view my point theres two things i dont like about version 1.8.. first is the "new" interface although not much have change im not too keen about the left frame reaching from top to bottom, it was half in version 1.7 and the second thing is i dont like the tracker tab it was better when you had the tracker status under general tab

try: pref.->advanced->gui.tall_category_list = false

have a problem, when I am clicking check updates is jumping out for me "cannot unite with the server" what to do?

EDIT:

I am trying as many as 6 hours and still the one am mistake, was active in a previous version, without the problem. When will it be well?

I have a problem, when I am clicking check updates is jumping out for me "cannot unite with the server" what to do?

Firon:

The server might just be overloaded, so either update manually or try again.

Mataku:

I am trying as many as 6 hours and still the one am mistake, was active in a previous version, without the problem. When will it be well?

Please help

Maybe a pictoral example will help.

Here's a sketch-up of what my status table looks like right now:

Name     #  Size     Done  Status   Seeds   Peers  Down Speed  Up Speed  ETAFile1      *   257MB 100% Seeding  0(50)     0(0)                       (inf)File2      *   329MB 100% Seeding  0(17)     0(0)                       (inf)File3      *   286MB 100% Seeding  0(12)     0(0)                       (inf)File4      *   312MB 100% Seeding  0(10)     2(1)             29.4kB/s  5h 6mFile5      1   614MB  86%  Queued  0(2)      0(4)File6      2   700MB  29%  Queued  0(3)      0(5)...

If I have queue.dont_count_slow_dl set true, queue.dont_count_slow_ul set true, queue.slow_dl_threshold and queue.slow_ul_threshold at 1000, shouldn't it be trying to download those two queued files if I have max number of active torrents set to 3?

I have "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" checked, because otherwise it appears to want to download all of the queued files before it starts seeding any of them.

This is behavior I saw in previous versions as well; it just doesn't make sense that seeds that are not uploading will still block potential downloads from starting.

Firstly I'd like to congratulate you for the new release. Your client is top of the line.

I'm just wondering what is the deal with multiple instances of the "add torrent" dialog box. If you open multiple torrents simultaneously you get a bunch of independent windows whereas in the previous release you'd get one window and the destinations would get saved. Now if you have some torrents going to the same destination you have to set the path for each one separately because it doesn't get updated. You could add one torrent at the time and that updates the path but that is painfully slow.

It was working fine before why was this altered?

thelittlefire: Then isn't "queue.dont_count_slow_ul" somewhat useless?

The way I see it, I should be able to set up ten DLs, go to work, and not come home to see that it's only downloaded three and then just sat there waiting for those three to find peers -- but if it *does* find peers, it should upload, and not screw up my ratios by insisting on downloading all ten first.

I'm just wondering what is the deal with multiple instances of the "add torrent" dialog box. If you open multiple torrents simultaneously you get a bunch of independent windows whereas in the previous release you'd get one window and the destinations would get saved. Now if you have some torrents going to the same destination you have to set the path for each one separately because it doesn't get updated. You could add one torrent at the time and that updates the path but that is painfully slow.

It was working fine before why was this altered?

This was part of the change to move all dialogs to be non-modal so you could change torrent settings and such while adding torrents through the GUI. Other dialogs were also changed to be this way in 1.8 as well.

Now, the thing you mention about the destination getting saved is a good point and sort of a trade-off currently - it should still do so but not for ones already open. In the future I'm planning on adding batch capability to the dialog so you can choose where to save any number of selected torrents from just one add torrent dialog, but I'm not 100% sure how to approach that quite yet.

Please feel free to mention any suggestions if you have any.

Few random ideas: A button to copy paths and/or labels to other dialogs? Same with queue settings? Or maybe a dialog that let's you pick destination, label, etc., and has a box at the bottom were you can add as many .torrents as you like to be added with those options? And eventually allowing file selection/prioritiation from that dialog (each .torrent gets a tree view under its name :D).

OH! How did the webseeding bug go? Where multiple URL's could be added and downloading would work, except for cross file pieces, which would hash wrong and cause the server to be banned. alus told me it's difficult and that he'd try to work something out, and I suggested that if it can't be fixed easily that cross file pieces be avoided so that there's at least partial support.

Archived