µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

2v2d1e1.jpg

can i know y that L: comes for ? whenever it comes my speed drops i guess its some kind of limit dont know exactly what it is but that drops my speed :( and whenever its not there i can go till regularly 4-5MBps and 8MBps when good leechers are there so help me out :)

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads a little long and with no thread search options (not that I could see) it makes it hard to tell whether its been asked before..

Can anyone expand on

"Note to tracker staff: update your build checks! 1.8 is different from 1.7.7. The reserved bit is no longer set."

What do you mean reserved bit and where would it be located.?

TIA

can i know y that L: comes for ? whenever it comes my speed drops i guess its some kind of limit dont know exactly what it is but that drops my speed sad and whenever its not there i can go till regularly 4-5MBps and 8MBps when good leechers are there so help me out

L: is a local peer (or more than 1, read the manual for details)

Reserved bit is in the protocol, yea? http://bittorrent.org/beps/bep_0000.html I guess it's to alert them that spoofing clients won't update their peerid definitions (immediately)

The only reserved bits I'm aware of are in the peer handshake however it is my understanding that when a client talks to a tracker no such peer exchange occurs. All it is is a simple GET <> followed by a tracker response consisting of a bencoded reply.

If I'm incorrect and a peer handshake occurs between the tracker and client then I really want to know since I'm currently working on a project for work and the sooner the better. I didn't factor that into a prelim design I have. At least I haven't seen anything in the specs nor on the wire indicating a handshake with the tracker so that is where my confiusion is arising. I uderstand that some trackers may want to filter on peerID to stop malicious clients or broken ones but there aren't any reserved bits so to speak of in a peerID.

can i know y that L: comes for ? whenever it comes my speed drops i guess its some kind of limit dont know exactly what it is but that drops my speed sad and whenever its not there i can go till regularly 4-5MBps and 8MBps when good leechers are there so help me out
L: is a local peer (or more than 1, read the manual for details)

but i have already have unticked enable local peer discovery and unticked limit local peer bandwitdth then also y m i getting that ? and what does that 2.8KBps and all ???

hi i changed over to a hp workstation and i am using vista lite

thr problem bn that utorrent wont log in and keeps freezing

my speed is fine and portal are open

i have no firewall on to stop in comming connections

every thing is up 2 date ect

so can any 1 help

i have tryed older versions and the new still nothing

i just wanted to tell you that i dont like the new look of the release.. i dont really know what you changed beside the taskbar icon but i want the old ones .)

Maybe it's the column on the left which now goes all the way down? That can simply be changed to the old style in the Advanced settings by setting gui.tall_category_list to false. :P

I'm surprised this thread is so peaceful. I upgraded to µT 1.8, I was like "WTF?" and switched to BitTyrant.

It was misbehaving rather heavily and still is. It managed to screw up both IE7 and Firefox when running (both had a chance on each page load to cancel with an error, not even waiting for a timeout)

Also, seeding torrents often just fails! I just switched back to µT (due to a totally different, nontheless weird bug in Tyrant) and saw it not uploading ANYTHING on torrents that obviously still can use some bandwith. Problem is, µT doesn't connect to the peers in the first place! The amount of client connections in µT has always been bad though.

So currently, I'm actually using µT to download and Tyrant to seed interchangingly. I would call this absurd, but I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Using WinXP Pro, port mapping works fine. No active antivirus or firewall apart from a D-Link Router with packet priority features (those shouldn't be the cause, as the problems also appear on low connection load). There are various programs using networking, including an SVN server, an IRC server etc. that all work perfectly and don't seem to cause trouble for one another.

• 2 weeks later...

From time to time my Utorrent ignores the max upload speed and goes to max speed allowed by my internet connection. If i put again the max speed (the same number or other) on the menu and apply it returns to the "limit".

uTorrent 1.8 build 11813

Windows Vista SP1 (x64)

In the image you can see (in spanish language) the limit put in 18KB/s and the upload (one 100% completed file) in 78.8KBs

This seems to happen when uTorrent is running some time not when i started it.

http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=uploadlimitcg5.jpg

Archived