µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[This was part of the change to move all dialogs to be non-modal so you could change torrent settings and such while adding torrents through the GUI.]

I don't mean to be rude but what was the point again? I know I had all the settings needed available. Is there something I should know about the benefits of non-modal dialog windows?

For the time being I'm downgrading. I'm open to new concepts of adding torrents :) I don't however see any benefit in fixing things that aren't broken.

Downgrading is the only solution right now.

And since no one can do anything about it, I encourage everyone else who experiences problems to delete µTorrent, and re-install version 1.7.7 or thereabouts (or the most recent working version for you).

Until they fix this new version full of...

Wait, I'm having a thought:

This could be a policing action taken by BitTorrent's developers, much like AVG will "find Trojans" in cracked programs when there are none. I certainly hope that this is not an attempt at becoming the moral police.

I upgraded yesterday.

I had three RSS feeds in 1.7.7.

In 1.8 there is no way to access these rss feeds but the program keeps telling me in the log that they are offline.

I have Avast antivirus so it's nothing to do with NOD 32.

I don't care about the RSS feeds but I do care about stupid error logs. I searched in windows and deleted all old data contained in application data for utorrent but the logs persisted.

I've uninstalled 1.8 and gone back to 1.7.7

I've uninstalled 1.8 and gone back to 1.7.7

so, you're not interested in learning how RSS works in 1.8 then?

People, please... put a little effort in...

They way you guys keep pulling out so quick when you're not getting the immediate results you want... you must leave behind many unhappy ex-girlfriends...

-- Smoovious

If you have NOD32 2.7 and you want to use utorrent 1.8 you can just and utorrent to the exceptions of IMON.

You go to NOD Control Center, choose IMON, then Setup, click on the miscellaneous tab

and click on Edit... From there you click on Add... and find the utorrent.exe file. That way utorrent won't get checked by IMON.

I have utorrent 1.8 build 11813 and NOD32 2.7 working under XP Pro SP2 and everything is fine.

Smoov: I've already suggested, that apparently, the feature of auto-open the cat. pane when you upgrade + there are feeds, is not working... 'they' should have fixed it in this latest update, and avoid the complaints ... :P how should people suppose to guess it's there ? ...

hmmm.. and I just did that with WindRiver's IDE (vxWorks development environment), since they fucked up with the new release they published and I couldn't work with it ... was I so wrong not to waist MY time on THEIR mistakes ? ... :P so there are cases, and the users should't care less (in the above case) if it's uTorrent's fault or IMON's fault, just that they don't run well together.... time spent IS also a factor... the devs should try and make upgrading as smooth as possible, and maybe detect if IMON is installed and instruct what to do...

Archived