µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

a paused download, is still active, and incomplete, in that context... try stopping the torrent instead.

Don't pause torrents as a rule... a short-term, temporary, pause, is fine, but if you're not going to participate on that swarm for a while, just stop it. It removes you from the swarm, saves connection overhead, and you don't waste connections on a .torrent you aren't going to be active on in the first place.

-- Smoovious

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I understand that it's bad to manually update trackers, you can not even do it with trackers that are offline(timed out) which I feel the urge to do when the tracker just Has to be online (but for some reason was late with its reply?)

(this is not a feature request, nor a question, it's merely a statement, confusing eh?)

The RSS is for torrents, not really a general RSS reader. In any case, you can't completely remove RSS from the category list. But you can at least extend the detailed info to cover the entire width as before by enabling gui.tall_category_list

dude, what's going on?

banning people is not nice unless they publicly curse or swear.

the guy is right. that help file is for newbies. it doesn't tell what is changed.I had to spend one hour to figure out some old settings from 1.7.7 does not fit to 1.8. that's really frustrating.

anyway it is nice looking interface. if you could improve documentation that would be nice...

bug: after program restart utorrent removes "duplicated" torrents (torrents has same files and destination in filesystem, but the trackers are different). I really don't want to save files twice in file system (didn't tried that would solve the problem anyway).

please fix this. (i know several people who don't change to 1.8 because this behavior)

thanx

Hi! I'm moving from an another torrent client. I've started some downloading when i discovered utorrent.

Is there a way to import the partial download file from that client to utorrent?

if this question was answered before, anyone could point me the topic? this forum became huge enough to discourage anyone to search through 200's pages of topics...

thanks!

it's possible, just add the torrent to utorrent and select the same destination (download) directory where the partially downloaded file is. Only the not completed pieces will be lost.

And be sure to turn off the options/preferences/when downloading/append .!ut to incompleted files options.

I didn't say identical (that's why i quoted the duplicated word). anyway the problem exists, you can add the two torrent and everything is ok till you restart utorrent after that only one of them is visible in the list.

Are you sure you're viewing the All category? ANd one of them probably errored out and is near the bottom of the list...

Archived