µRemote: a .Net GUI for WebUI

matias

amontoth,

Are you using the test build? Which other settings do you have enabled (connect at startup?)? What is your operating system?

µRemote 2.1.1 is out!

Changelog:

* ADD: loading torrent status.

* ADD: timeout request customization.

* ADD: new languages: Polish (Thanks to maTTi) and Swedish (Thanks to Petrus Lundberg).

* FIX: test connection not using defined proxy settings.

* FIX: some missing strings to translate.

* FIX: month display in logger.

* FIX: additional checkouts to 'check for updates'.

* FIX: bring to front when relaunching and it's minimized in tray.

* CHANGE: sorting by queue order now acts like in uTorrent.

* CHANGE: loading torrents now occurs synchronously but in a background thread.

* CHANGE: show 'unlimited' instead of 0 kB/s in global speed menu.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the installer (2.1.1) does not create a program group link (that I could find). Option used "Just for me" on Vista Ultimate.

Server:

Windows 2008 Server Standard - 32bit

uTorrent 1.8.3

WebUI v 0.361

Client:

Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit, 4GB, all patches/options installed and up-to-date.

uRemote 2.1.1

I can access the GUI via server name or IP address just fine in browsers, but when I try your application, I get the following error(s).

2009/04/01 23:00:11

--> Source:

System

--> Inner Exception:

--> Message:

The remote server returned an error: (300) Ambiguous Redirect.

--> StackTrace:

at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()

at uRemote.Connection.GetWebResponse(String pURL, String pUsername, String pPassword, String pDomain)

--> Data:

System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal

--> Error Code:

Connection.cs:127

I have tried both using the hostname and IPv4 (which works in IE8 and Chrome). Both fail.

I also have tried running the program with elevated priviledges (admin).

I tried testing the connection using the hostname and IPv4 address. The connection test was successful. However, once it's saved, it never does actually connect.

The fact that I am seeing a 300 Ambigious Redirect indicates that there is a connection and it's just not getting what it expected.

System.Net Errors

Ambiguous Equivalent to HTTP status 300. Ambiguous indicates that the requested information has multiple representations. The default action is to treat this status as a redirect and follow the contents of the Location header associated with this response. If the HttpWebRequest.AllowAutoRedirect property is false, Ambiguous causes an exception to be thrown. Ambiguous is a synonym for MultipleChoices.

Now this could be a problem with the uTorrent client or setup with the server because a basic GET command will return the HTTP 300 error. However, 3xx redirects are simply resolved by client followup action. Full featured HTML rendering engines like Trident and Webkit seem to handle this fine.

[telnet] ->

GET /gui/index.html

HTTP/1.1 300 ERROR

Connection: keep-alive

Content-Length: 15

Content-Type: text/html

invalid request

Connect at startup yes, but .NET error happens while loading, before uRemote window appears.

windows 2000, Athlon 64 2ghz 4GB ram

both versions of uRemote

in fact:

i have stopped loading uRemote at windows startup due to system Freezing Ive been getting DAILY since I started.Freeze usually happens when playing a video.

so i suspect .Net or uRemote.

"Sorry amontoth, but I don't know what is causing that.

You should try updating .Net framework, you're using an old version (2.0.50727.1433)."

.Net is os version dependent.

v2.0 is last version that will install in windows 2000.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

If you mean a different build of ver 2. AFAIK there is only the "Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x86) available for dl, the link above, which is the version I use. Perhaps your different build is due to using the SDK or x64 versions?

i will reinstall .net 2 and .net 2 SP..justn case

.Net v3 requires Xp/vista

When selecting a torrent with 0 data downloaded but with any data uploaded, the client crashes.

Below is the Windows Error Report

[pre]Product

uRemote

Problem

Stopped working

Date

4/10/2009 5:51 PM

Status

Report Sent

Description

Stopped working

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: uremote.exe

Problem Signature 02: 2.1.1.0

Problem Signature 03: 49d19c9b

Problem Signature 04: uRemote

Problem Signature 05: 2.1.1.0

Problem Signature 06: 49d19b90

Problem Signature 07: d5

Problem Signature 08: 11d

Problem Signature 09: System.DivideByZeroException

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 522060177[/pre]

• 1 month later...

Here's another strange one. If uRemote is running and I open a .torrent file, often nothing happens. Sometimes it gets added, sometimes uRemote does nothing. I assume this is because uRemote is designed to add torrents via it's own menus once already opened, but I may be incorrect.

I'm not quite sure how you'd go about resolving that or even if you can/feel it's necessary (not sure how big a problem it is since the uRemote menus work fine).

• 2 weeks later...

µRemote 2.2 is out!

add: support for token authentication.

add: let the user specify the time between reloads of file list (in Preferences/UI).

fix: error when using port 443 over http.

fix: hotkeys removed in previous build.

change: only make a new torrent/file list requests after receiving a response or timeout of the latest one.

More info & download link

Hi Matias, I can see in version 2.2 you have fixed an error using http over 443, but does uRemote support HTTPS?

My uTorrent currently sits behind an ISA Server which listens on HTTPS and the redirects to uTorrent WebUI on it's HTTP port. I can access the Web interface using my web browser but not uRemote.

I get the error "Couldn't connect to user@dnsname:443"

I have only got 2.2 and can't find a link to earlier versions. Can you post a link?

This could be yet another issue with web traffic going through Microsoft ISA Servers, but would like to investigate further. The logging on the ISA server shows the connection being allowed through and then the port closing a few seconds latter.

-----

Thanks for sending me the link for 2.1.2. I have tested version 2.1.2 and I can connect OK over HTTPS. I have retested version 2.2 and it fails to connect over HTTPS?

very good little app! thanks a lot!

however it seems diffcult to connect remote host, when the network is busy, while other apps work slow but well, even webui 0.361can work well in ie6 at that time, pls check.

i'm using ver 2.2 with xp sp2

Archived