Utorrent doesnt start and freezes

miamia

Hi

I just reinstalled windows xp service pack 2 after virus.I had utorrent working fine with system mechanic pro 6,but now i upgraded to pro 8 and i cant get utorrent working.

Its not logging in and there is no seers and peers when i know it is.When im going to turn it of i have to use ctrl-alt-del to close it.

Ive been sitting here for days trying to figure out whats wrong.

I used drive scrubber and wiped out everything on the hard drive,then i instelled windows xp again.So far so good.

I installed utorrent and it worked,but after that i installed system mechanic pro8 and it just stopped.

when i uninstalled system mechinic it still does not work,but if i install windows again then it will work without any antivirus or firewall,but i want to have that.

Does anyone have a solution plz?

Possibly, but iolo products have been known to cause problems before. They probably don't have top-of-the-line detection rates either anyhow, unless they use a better company's AV engine, in which case you're probably better off getting that company's AV product directly instead. Or you can go free and use AVG/AntiVir/Avast.

iolo's firewall is problematic but if you use the antivirus alone it should be okay. But their detection rates aren't outstanding. AVG and NOD32 are much better in that regard.

You can probably avoid reinstalling Windows by clearing out the LSP chain using lspfix.

Archived