Download.com

marijnkool

I've wondered for a few weeks why µTorrent was never added to Download.com . I checked for a few times because I really want to give it 5 stars there, so people who are stuck with clients like Azureus right can be quickly converted. Is there a particular reason for not putting it up there, or has it just not happened yet...?

I've wondered for a few weeks why µTorrent was never added to Download.com . I checked for a few times because I really want to give it 5 stars there, so people who are stuck with clients like Azureus right can be quickly converted. Is there a particular reason for not putting it up there, or has it just not happened yet...?

LOL 'sutck??' Thats a subjective opinion. Azureus is a fantastic client, just bloated and greedy. But if you take it to bottom line, it does what itis intended to very very well....and that is get you the file you are seeking.

µTorrent does the exact same thing Az does just far more efficiently and that is the major appeal of it, its why I use it. Right this second with another wave of Comet bannings looming large if I dont have the option of µTorrent I would be using Azureus. And some are addicted to the wealth of information that you can get from Az (I personally think thats TOO much info, just gimme the file :P ) Hence µTorrent.

But stuck?? nah, most that use Az love Az or are just accustomed to how it works. (as an aside µTorrent is my main client but for certain seeding jobs I still fire up Azureus.)

But if you take it to bottom line, it does what itis intended to very very well....and that is get you the file you are seeking.

I disagree, to an extent. All clients are designed to do that. µT is designed to do that with minimal resources. BC is designed to do that, and screw anybody else in the swarm unless they're using BC too. :P Azureus is designed to do that, and also come with a plugins architecture as well as a crapload of additional features that few people need, just for those 1 or 2 that do. :P

disclaimer: ex-Azureus user.

splint, you dont have to use all those plugins, and wether we all want to admit it or not it performs admirably if you have any kind of fairly modern box. (and some RAM LOLOL). If it wasnt so dangone greedy a lot of us wouldnt be here, me among them. Dont get me wrong I LOVE µT, I just wont bash Az cuz its the cool thing to do as some here have at times (me among them).

Archived