Problem with download speed [utorrent 1.8]

chomiczek

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To LTF,

You can also try reducing total connections, both per-torrent and global. I doubt you'll need more than 20 each...and could probably get away with 30 total. You don't need lots of connections to download at 100+ KiloBYTES/second speed, since obviously it's impossible with that line. Fewer connections at once should also burn less bandwidth keeping them connected.

I'd expect 8 KiloBYTES/second upload speed to be a little too fast for the connection, even while only seeding 1 torrent. There is probably no value even to others to put upload higher than 6 or 7.

i m uploading unlimited y am i facing this problem ????

i m uploading unlimited but the download speed is again limited to 11kB\s

@FIRON AND @Switeck "Bad News" Moderator

can u plz make seperate guide for these new settings for upload and download limitations, so every body can understand what changes they hav to make

even all of these discussions, i couldnt make sense of it

After updating to V1.8, my download speeds appear to have dropped by 4X. I could routinely get 450kB/s down with 50kB/s up on V1.7.7... not any more. Now, I bump up the upload to 100kB/s and my upload rate often exceeds the download rate. Why???

I have an ActionTec DI524 FIOS router. I changed NOTHING other than allowing the suggested upgrade to 1.8. While I appreciate you guys hard work on uTorrent, I'm going to revert back to V1.7.7 as I don't want to spend weeks trying to solve this when V1.7.7 worked so flawlessly.

After reading some of the other post from users on this forum I have to ask what the compelling reason to switch to V1.8 when V1.7.7 worked so well and had great download speed? Software's key objective should always be to please its user-base first with other considerations secondary. So, why should I switch? This is SERIOUS question. I asked myself that same question about Vista. When XP works so well and Vista just adds issues, why switch?

uTorrent has a loyal following, I hope you guys can listen carefully to your users and keep it that way.

jazzman,

It sounds like you've changed uTorrent's settings between v1.7 and v1.8 if you're uploading at 100 KiloBYTES/second now and before it was only 50. uTorrent's other settings besides upload speed max can have a HUGE effect on whether uTorrent runs smoothly...or potentially crashes your computer, network, and modem.

The complete change log for v1.8 is missing not because of malice but because it was growing "too long". Notice nothing earlier than "2007-11-13: Version 1.8 alpha (build 6104)" is shown.

Perhaps Firon can post the COMPLETE changelog somewhere?

(hint, hint!)

What complete changelog? The first public build ... incorporated all changes from 1.7 onward through private testing. Also I believe schnurlos (did I spell it right?) hosts the entire changelog on http://utorrent-deutsch.de

Edit: >< Appears the site is down for me. http://forum.utorrent.com/profile.php?id=9513 is schnurlos' profile.

When this first appeared, I was personally against limiting download speed if individual torrent upload speed was set below 4 KiloBYTES/second...but then I found out it ONLY affected the individual torrents set below 4, not ALL my torrents.

Firon even said he'd be making a major change to how it operated just because ONE person stated a legitimate reason for not uploading faster than 3 KiloBYTES/second while downloading.

The global thing pretty much will stay because it was added somewhere back around v1.4...and is needed to combat leeching and hit-and-running.

So if you want it scaled back further, come up with good reasons instead of just complaining.

Just remember, it's not ME you have to convince!

I'm using Windows firewall, but have added utorrent to the exception list.

I was looking at the event viewer and "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts" keeps popping up. I'm using Vista and don't know any TCP/IP patches. How do I get rid of the warning?

Archived