moving downloaded files

mortal1

i can't move the files i have downloaded to where i would like to put them. on my desktop running XP and an older version of utorrent. it works fine on the desktop.

on my laptop running vista and the latest version of utorrent. it seems not to want to work at all. i have tried all combinations to get it to work and it still won't! aaaaaaagh!

help me someone and it would be greatly appreciated.

Wait a little while after moving the files in Explorer before setting it in µTorrent?

Additionally:

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

I've just had to reorganize and move a whole bunch of files. Individually clicking on the "Advanced/Set Download Location" for each one has given me carpal tunnel! ;-)

I heard a rumour that there was going to be an easier way to move/reorganize previously d/loaded files in v1.8. Is this true? Or is there a tool available to enable mass moves without having to click each individual file? I'm hoping! ;-)

Archived