IPv6? when this works for you?

utis

Hi,

With the new version there should be better torrents performane with IPv6. However I am not sure when uttorrent utilised IPv6 addressing. Does this depend on trackers, is DHT IPv6 working? Can someone shed more light on what can be done to increase IPv6 performance. I reckonn only opentracker at piratebay gives some IPv6 peers, otherwise I am not sure how do I find other IPv6 peers..?

Can someone list v6 capable trackers or smth?

Ta

DHT transfer of IPv6 addresses is planned. It can be done through PEX though, so even if the tracker doesn't support it, you'll exchange known addresses with other PEX supporting peers (µTorrent 1.8, some client I can't remember with partial support (maybe full now)). You're sure you have IPv6 and maybe Teredo right? If you have IPv6 then in the logger you'll get "IPv6 is installed".

yah i get ping6 replies from ns.ripe.net and stuff.. but still very little ipv6 peers.. Is there estimate when majority(60%) will be using 1.8 version? As I still see about 80% of utorrens clients < 1.8.

sixxs is experimental and extremely unpopular if you know what I mean..

Do you have any estimates of DHT for IPv6?

Anyway, great job guys!

Yeah, IPv6 is not exactly popular with most consumers.

Sixxs is remarkably stable. It is v6-only, of course. It does, however, not infringe on copyrights -- in that you are correct ;)

I'd assume IPv6-DHT and more IPv6-related options to appear when they're done, i.e. in one of the next betas.

Archived