Im new at this, Help would be appreciated VM

bigbob4sale

Hey Everybody, I'm new at this torrent stuff and uTorrent in general. I'm having problems with my speed (It is taking me about 6-8 hrs to download a 2.03 GB file). I am getting between 5-11 kbs per download. I am using a lynksys wireless router and charter is my provider. Now I've tried some stuff that the videos on youtube show (my guess is that it's not the most reliable huh?), but it doesnt seem to help much. If you guys could help me out and give some suggestions on what I can change to improve my download speed that would be great = ).

Also I dont really understand what to do for my connection speed. I've run the test at dslreports and my download speed comes out at 4080 and my upload speed comes out at 996. So for the speed guide what do I put for my connection speed.

If anyone could help me out or give some hints/tips it would truly be appreciated. Thank you all for your time hopefully you can help me. = )

First, reset all of uTorrent's settings to default.

Every YouTube video I saw about configuring BitTorrent clients (especially uTorrent ones) had dangerously bad settings suggestions.

Second, choose the 900 kilobits/second upload settings from the 2nd link in my signature...since your upload speed as measured was 996 kilobits/second.

Archived