Not using a routher at all, still says port not open

erock

Hello,

I am was trying to port forward in my router but was having no luck. So I removed the router from my network completley and Im now connected directly to my DSL modem which is connected to Bellsouth and is a Westell modem.

When utorrent checks it still comes back port not open. I also have added an exception to Windows Firewall and I've also disabled firewall completely. Still no luck...any suggestions?

I've just found out that my DSL modem is also a router of some sort. So I guess I would have to figure out how to open the port on this modem which my be hard to figure out. Running a command line ipconfig the IP Address says 192.168.1.96

Its a Westell model C-90 if thats any help. I guess this modem is less than ideal for utorrent. :(

If it doesn't match exactly due to firmware, try to find the equivalents. If you still have trouble, you can ask about whatever. Screen shots will help in this regard. Also, if you need the router, but don't want to double port forward everything, you can try finding connection type, bridge mode on the routers. A router in bridge mode is analogous to a power strip connected to one socket, data just passes through.

Archived