v1.3.1b389 High DL kicks UL down

ironboyzz

Hey All...Happy New Year!

Have 20/2mb d/u service and when very high dls, it kicks the overall ul down (25%). As soon as dling finishes, ul back to max. UL is throttled @ 78% of max. Any suggestions as to what adjs I can do??

Global Max. Connections : 1000

Max. Number of Connected Peers : 35

Number of Upload Slots : 20

Global maximum upload rate: 200

Global maximum download rate: 0

TIA

Thanks for responding 1c3d0g,

Have wqs @ that exact amount and target drive is a 8mg cache scsi 320 on dual channel 320 adaptec board so "shouldn't" (disclaimer lol) bog down there. Was leaning more towards router but never noticed the issue before. These were the numbers noticed and other settings:

100dl/190-200ul

6-700dl/140-150ul

0dl/190-200ul

dht is disabled

half-open=16

low_cpu=false

lazy_bit=true

flush_files=false

coalesce_writes=true

sparse_files=false

use_part=false

edit: prealloac is on

TIA

You're right, it "shouldn't" be a problem with your config. :/ Hmm...IIRC there have been a few reports about this, but AFAIK a solution hasn't been found (yet). Since I have no idea what could be causing this, I'm guessing that maybe µTorrent isn't fully able to handle massive amounts of data for download while simultaneously uploading equally massive amount of data. Whether that is because of unoptimized disk cache use, inefficient parameters in the program itself or something else entirely is up for debate... :|

I mean its nothing outrageous, and thankful that I can get speeds like that, but just something I had noticed and thought maybe that with a couple of tweaks would balance things out!

Funny that you mention disk caching because I do use OO Clever Cache because mainly dl DVDRs and when seeding back 2 of them was banging on my drive (maxed file cache profile) and that in itself helped with disk I/O in general and overall OS speeds...maybe having adverse affect!

Thx

I want to re-visit this as I have notice that the margin difference is consistantly noticable during dls (same approx 25%).

Currently on the v1.4. One thing I noticed is that my overall ul BW consumption actually decreases in both µT and OS Net stats so that would lead me to believe this a performance issue within µT since the BW is available. With nothing else running on sys all same.

TIA

Archived