I updated to 1.8. Now it says the port isn't forwarded anymore.

guts

I upgraded from utorrent version 1.6 to 1.8 yesterday. Ever since then utorrent says that the port isn't forwarded even though it was before. Does updating reset the port forward configuration or is there a way to fix this by changing the options?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem with 1.8 (upraded from 1.7.7). The icon at status bar never turns green, but yellow and red. I have no firewall installed and all router's settings seem to be ok and corresponding to the port settings in utorrent.

I have no antivirus intalled. And all Windows' security software is disabled.

My DHCP range is 192.168.1.34-192.168.1.65

Static IP: 192.168.1.33

I've also changed port for utorrent and updated router's settings as you suggested. No luck. utorrent port checker still says that the port is open and accepting connections, but utorrent application gives me a red light.

If it's matters, I'm running Vista Home Basic, my router is ZyXEL P-330W EE.

I guess this is because of port forward. I reseted my router? configured it from scratch choosing the different port for utorrent.

In tcpview I see now about ten records like: "svl:55825 svl:some random ports TIME_WAIT" and a lot of records indicating connections from various external ips to "svl:some random ports". TIME_WAIT as well. uTorrent shows yellow icon. I have to add that these "some random ports" are all in range 50k-60k.

As time goes by and uTorrent is running, connections from external ips change a port they are trying to connect to my pc. It is now out of the range of " some random ports", though I don't see new entries like "svl:55825 svl:more random ports", but I notice that records like "svl:55825 my router ip:some random ports" are starting to appear but there are no any signs of external connections to ports 50k-60k only to new range of ports. At this point the icon in uTorrent switches to red.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. I'm not very familiar with all these network stuff and English isn't my native language.

Try shrinking your router's DHCP range to only 1-10 ips. The router probably has to reserve ram for the DHCP range so that might even help a little in other ways. :)

Are you using regular port forwarding on your router, or something 'fancy' like port triggers or UPnP forwarding and rerouting?

Sorry man I'm not really good with all the technical jargon.

Basically I just followed this guide and opened up port 8080 for utorrent.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DSL-502T/Utorrent.htm

It was working fine until I upgraded to utorrent 1.8.

I get this message from utorrent when I try and check if the port is open.

Checking port 8080 on 220.233.187.97...

Error! Port 8080 does not appear to be open.

I tried adding a new port but I still get the problem. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but could you explain what you mean by this?

Check again that your computer is actually ON the LAN ip address you're forwarding to. tongue

http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

I set up a static ip but I don't understand how it fits into the whole scheme of things. My static ip is different to the one listed in this message

Checking port 8080 on 220.233.187.97

The reason your port looks not open now is because 1.8 doesn't count LAN connections for connectability status.

However, your router is really, really weird (I suggest replacing it) and makes all connections look like it's coming from the router IP, instead of what they really are. Hence, utorrent will think that you are not connectable.

Archived