Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daxie

Access WebUI for a PC in a intranet?

I donno if this has been answered already (I used the search function before posting this).

I have enabled WebUI in uTorrent (v1.8, build 11813) and have also added the WebUI zip file in the uTorrent folder. I am able to access it using http://localhost:33915/gui/ (on FF3) from the PC running uTorrent. I am not able to access it within our office domain network. I tried accessing it from home using our company IP address on Firefox 3, but Firefox comes with a "Failed to Connect" message. Is there anything that I should do in addition to the steps listed in the ReadMe for WebUI (v0.310 beta 2)?

Your company has to forward the port in their routers for you to be able to access it from home. And they probably won't.

If you enable IP restrictions it may not work. Also, did you enable the alternate port? On the computer hosting webui, try with your LAN IP instead of localhost.. does that work? If so it should work from within the LAN. If not, did you change any settings within uTorrent for listening on IPs like "report IP" or "bind IP"?