Jump to content

Error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested..


Recommended Posts

I am getting "Error: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." periodically on random torrents.

I don't use Kaspersky, or any other anti-virus software.

Just thought I'd let you know....

Specs: Athlon XP 1600+ 1 GB RAM, Windows 2000, Opera 9.51, MSN7, Aim Lite, and Winamp(2.x) running. I also have Nero 7 installed, it runs an indexing service.

I use uTorrent 1.8 build 11813.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea, if I re-enable it.. it takes about a minute for the error to occur on a random torrent.

net.max_halfopen is set to 8

Here's the hijackme result:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 3:03:04 AM, on 8/16/2008
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
E:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe
E:\Program Files\AIM Lite\aimlite.exe
E:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe
E:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
E:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
E:\Program Files\Opera\opera.exe
E:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
E:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
E:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirtualCloneDrive] "E:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDDaemon.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] "E:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\khalshared\KHALMNPR.EXE"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] E:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [laim] "E:\Program Files\AIM Lite\aimlite.exe" -autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Tweak UI] RUNDLL32.EXE TWEAKUI.CPL,TweakMeUp
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UnlockerAssistant] "E:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] E:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "E:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "E:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PeerGuardian] E:\Program Files\PeerGuardian2\pg2.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = E:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = E:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - E:\WINNT\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - E:\WINNT\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - E:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: NBService - Nero AG - D:\nero\Nero 7\Nero BackItUp\NBService.exe

I have a ABIT KR7a with a VIA KT266 chipset(the chipset drivers are installed), destination is a WD 500 GB IDE (ATA100) hard drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did remove extraneous entries from the hijackme log.

However, after setting:

diskio.coalesce_write = false

I have not had this error(not once). Enabling it... less than a minute later it occurs, and is pretty consistent about it, every minute give or take a random torrent gets afflicted. Doesn't matter if I have 1, or 3 torrents active or even 20.

I've never had issues with previous versions of uTorrent. I've even increased net.max_halfopen in older versions and had no issues.

Update: Set net.max_halfopen to 80... I'm now downloading faster. No errors. Thanks for reminding me about this. Tried it lowered with coalesce enabled.. same error.

Another Update: Doing some process monitoring and testing. Seems to be an IO spike as the error occurs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here ya go:

[2008-08-16 15:20:27]  IO Error:1450 line:449 align:512 pos:142556160 count:1425920 actual:-99
[2008-08-16 15:20:27] IO Error:1450 line:673 align:512 pos:142556314 count:1425408 actual:1
[2008-08-16 15:20:27] ProcessCoalescedWrite: [Season 2] 1425408 result: 1450

[2008-08-16 15:20:28] IO Error:1450 line:449 align:512 pos:169152512 count:950784 actual:-99
[2008-08-16 15:20:28] IO Error:1450 line:673 align:512 pos:169152674 count:950272 actual:1
[2008-08-16 15:20:28] ProcessCoalescedWrite: [Season 2] 950272 result: 1450

[2008-08-16 15:22:04] IO Error:1450 line:419 align:512 pos:260046848 count:1048576 actual:-99
[2008-08-16 15:22:04] IO Error:1450 line:673 align:512 pos:260046848 count:1048576 actual:1
[2008-08-16 15:22:04] ProcessCoalescedWrite: [lolcow] 1048576 result: 1450

Not sure what to do.... I've just decided to disable it for now.

Sometimes multiple ones fail simultaneously with coalesce setting enabled.

Any news on this? Still having problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, exactly. I'm on Windows 2000 Server. LargeSystemCache was on by default, I forgot to disable it(my machine was acting slower than normal for some reason when multitasking, disabling this appears to have helped).

Problem appears to be solved(2 days with no error, typical was 15 minutes or less). I'm using the default 4 MB coalesce size with no issues. Might want to have uTorrent change the LargeSystemCache registry value to zero to avoid this error(that's what MS does for it's own software). Or prompt for it atleast.

Apparently this setting it known to conflict with programs that manage their own disk caching.

*Update: 2 days now! Problem free. That registry setting was the only system change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...