Y can't I surf with utorrent running.

synche

I have a laptop running XP Pro sp2 with T7600 (2.33gig dual core) processor and 3 gigs of ram. My DSL connection tops out at about 75kB/s but when I run utorrent I cannot surf the internet. Even when utorrent is only dl'ing at 5 or 6k my surfing speed is ridiculously slow.

This morning I had utorrent running, getting 5-10k dl speed and attempted to connect to the internet. Knowing that surfing is like running in mollasses (w/ utorrent running) I read a little of the newspaper and 3-4 minutes later looked up and the page was still blank. It doesn't always go this slow (w/ utorrent running), but almost. I turned of utorrent and the page loads in a few seconds.

Does anyone know what could be causing this and is there a cure?

I would greatly appreciate any input on this subject.

Thank you

I'm having the same problem. When uTorrent is running and is downloading and uploading, my web surfing is painfully slow. I have reviewed the settings and think I am set up OK, but you never know. I am on a LAN and the other computers can surf OK (maybe a bit slower than if uTorrent wasn't running), they seem unaffected.

Thanks for all the replies. I haven't had a chance to try any of the suggestions but.....

The problem cleared up today. Dl'ing at 20-30 kB/s and surfing fine. I didn't change any settings. No installs or uninstalls. Didn't touch the registry.

For whatever reason, life is good; and I am happy.

Archived