Red torrent status icon with utorrent 1.8

TG

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a requirement. It fixed my problem with 1.81 the torrents going red because my TCP was limited to 10 half open connections after SP3 replaced the tcpip.sys file I had patched previously. Now I set it to 75. I had about 6 torrents and they were timing out (turning red) because they didn't have open TCP connections available. One torrent had a very large amount of trackers in it.

The link I gave you earlier will describe. It's been around a long time and a common problem with downloading torrents. Thats why the guy made the patch for everyone.

If your only downloading a couple or so torrents you probably won't need to patch it.

I don't know any other details about utorrent versions, just that it fixed my problem.

I have to say that I'm happy to see that other people agreed with me about the aggressive mods posting that of course you should uninstall something on your computer because their new program isn't working correctly.

And I'm amused to see the same mods instantly calling us trolls because we dare to disagree with them.

This forum basically has little use when the mods are allowed this attitude.

I'm also interested as to why, unless I disable Peer Guardian, this forum will not display. What exactly runs on these pages that Peer Guardian does not like?

Oh, I expect I have to uninstall that too, eh mods?

The same problem is still persisting with me this morning - shut the program down and restart and it's all hunky dory.

But I definitely won't be uninstalling my firewall so Kirsty et al ... put that in your pipes and smoke it. And while you're at it, please get your collective monies back from the charm school - you definitely all failed the course.

First of all thanks Slippery for the info i found out that the tcpip thing does not need patching as it already allows more in the first place (2k3 os only).

As for Babypigeons, forums are not the place for you to be dissing other members please cut the agro man.

I can understand how frustrated you are, as was i but please don't diss other members or mods because you are angry, it will get you banned as what thelittlefire said.

In answering your question peerguardian2 blocks the utorrent website.

To enable get the ip for utorrent by double clicking on the network status icon which will test extract the ip address from the page which can be found at the end of the page saying what ip you need to enable to make sure that the port forwarding works.

And basically go to peerguardian2 edit the blacklist by searching for the ip by copying and pasting the ip into the search box of peerguardian2 blacklist database and removing it.

Sorry i dont have the ip with me.

DONE!

I get what you are saying about uninstalling security suites but you also have to understand that that troubleshooting is a process of elimination.

The moderators/admin want to eliminate your security suite as being the problem and yes that may involve uninstalling it, but you did ask for help didn't you.

You cannot expect mods/admin to be mind readers and just know all of your settings off by heart.

You need to log all info down and post it here then, if you give your attitude a break the mods may be so kind as to help you.

It is not recommended that you piss of the mods and then ask for help....THEY WONT GIVE IT TO U!!!!!

I have said my peace......over and out.

UPDATE: Would you look at that Babypigeons have earned "banned" next to your name, that's what happens when you start to piss of the mods.

Ive tried what I was told and still no dice, if anyone can help I would be greatful, not only do I get the red icons but it wont even let me goto the help page, I tried shutin my FW off reinstalling I did that highjack thing and that wouldnt let me save so I could post said there was some sort of error, followed the link's I was giveing tried everything, PLEASE HELP? Thank you, and thanks for all the help so far

lucasdemarco777, I am taking it you have patched the tcpip.sys file and you have changed the net.max half open thing down to 4 from 8? If so I am at my wits end.(Admin/mods will have to help sorry)

It seems so strange I had the problem on my torrent server when i had XP Pro installed and then once i went to server 2003 R2 I havent had the problem since.

Do you have peerguardian installed? I am having real trouble with it even thought it may allow ips throught it wont seed properly. Instantly once it was disabled it started seeding properly. Go Figure?

Hey TG sorry for getting you to your wits end, I do appriecate the time you are taking to help me thank you again to all that have taken the time to help this lost cause lol well hear is what I have so far I did chang the net max to 4, I do not have peerguardian at least I can not find it anywhere on my computer, and I have windows vista if that helps, I downloaded that patch and it says there is an (error read file "C:\windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys" at position 0.) I have no clue what that means, I did fiddle around with that Highjack program and I got it to save to a log so I hope this helps Firon,

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 12:11:51 AM, on 8/26/2008

Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe

C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe

C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe

C:\hp\kbd\kbd.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9f.exe

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=desktop

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

R3 - URLSearchHook: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CCUTRAYICON] FactoryMode

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snapfishMediaDetector] C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Codec Update Service] C:\Program Files\Essentials Codec Pack\update.exe -silent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinVNC] "C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe" -servicehelper

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [filehippo.com] "C:\Program Files\filehippo.com\UpdateChecker.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Snapfish Media Detector.lnk = C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Myxer - Send image to phone! - http://www.myxertones.com/magic/ie/

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JR1916~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JR1916~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Users\Dingo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei-3/WebfettiInitialSetup1.0.1.0.cab

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab

O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader3.cab

O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {D6E7CFB5-C074-4D1C-B647-663D1A8D96BF} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader4_5.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O23 - Service: Intel® Alert Service (AlertService) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\CCU\AlertService.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: DQLWinService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\AdpPlugins\DQLWinService.exe

O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Intel DH Service (IntelDHSvcConf) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Tools\IntelDHSvcConf.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Software Services Manager (ISSM) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\ISSM.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Viiv Media Server (M1 Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\mediaserver.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Application Tracker (MCLServiceATL) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\MCLServiceATL.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Remoting Service (Remote UI Service) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\Remote UI Service.exe

O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe

O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - TightVNC Group - C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe

O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--

End of file - 11519 bytes

And I went throught the setup guid you sent me to thelittlefire with no results so far but thank you very much for trying.

Man! My first reaction is that you have an awful lot of things going on, at least five of which are (internet) network applications.

Is there any chance of disabling some of these while you deal with uTorrent? Or maybe uninstalling entirely those you know you don't use anymore?

mu_user

BTW, I don't think that TCPIP Patcher works in Vista because of SFP.

lucasdemarco777, I am not pissed off at you Opposite in-fact especially your kind comments you made, made my day thanks. (I am just saying i have no solutions available) (hopefully the mods can help out what is wrong)

It is so funny that i started this post and yet now i am helping out.

I agree with Mu_user that the tcpip.sys would not work with vista unless it is otherwise stated.

First of all get rid of that error by restoring a backup you made of tcpip.sys (presuming you made one) If not use system restore and see if any tcpip.sys patching solution for vista is made. And i hate to say this try again.

I have heard that this problem only seems to arise when you have multiple torrents going on (how many have you going in when the application is launched?)

Let me know and ill get back to you.

lucasdemarco777,

Roxio is a thorn in uTorrent's side:

O23 - Service: RoxMediaDB9 - Sonic Solutions - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxMediaDB9.exe

It has an indexer service that causes nothing but trouble.

Make absolutely certain Roxio's indexer is disabled.

First of all get rid of that error by restoring a backup you made of tcpip.sys (presuming you made one) If not use system restore and see if any tcpip.sys patching solution for vista is made. And i hate to say this try again.

If lucasdemarco777 is using EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip, it's already for Vista. I heard it may have worked for some people who applied it correctly for about two days until a security update. In Vista, there are a lot of things to be done with permissions before one can change a system file. lucasdemarco777's message was saying Vista had already taken care of the replacement as soon as it was applied, or wouldn't let it be done at all, or that he couldn't apply the patch in the first place. No worries there. If lucas has somehow taken ownership of system files from TrustedUser...well let's cross that bridge if he reports back that he has.

P.S.: Sorry - The patch named above is the XP patch. There's an equivalent for Vista which didn't work for me.

Here's a link with Vista patches. Maybe read up so you know what you're getting into before trying to patch Vista. It can be a very bad scene afterwards...

http://www.chw.net/foro/al-fin-solucion-p2p-y-navegar-vista-sp1-t150961.html

mu_user

yes I tried to install EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip thing but it didnt allow me to vista wouldnt allow me to kept sayin I was missing a file that I wasnt, I have only one torrent downloading, ummm.... I have no Idea what "taken ownership of system files from TrustedUser" means or know how I would have done it but I dont think I did? I deleted roxio and the internet programs I cant even find. and like a dummy I havnt restored anything, I am thinking of saving everything I want to save to a friend drive and go to factory settings but I am not sure if that will let me download cuz I am sure vista will stop it once I reinstalled Utorren again, I dont know if this has changed or what to really look for but after I did some changes I have this hoping all of you might see sumpthin, Thank you all for your help and kindness

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 6:03:51 PM, on 8/26/2008

Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe

C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe

C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe

C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe

C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe

C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe

C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe

C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe

C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe

C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe

C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe

C:\hp\kbd\kbd.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe

C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe

C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&tp=iehome&locale=EN_US&c=73&bd=Pavilion&pf=desktop

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

R3 - URLSearchHook: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost

O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll

O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll

O3 - Toolbar: isoHunt Toolbar - {a6e4a4eb-d169-4e99-8988-250fcbafe767} - C:\Program Files\isoHunt\tbiso1.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KbdStub.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CCUTRAYICON] FactoryMode

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [snapfishMediaDetector] C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iAAnotif] "C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaanotif.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Codec Update Service] C:\Program Files\Essentials Codec Pack\update.exe -silent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinVNC] "C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe" -servicehelper

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] %WINDIR%\SMINST\launcher.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [filehippo.com] "C:\Program Files\filehippo.com\UpdateChecker.exe" /background

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'SYSTEM')

O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [MySpaceIM] C:\Program Files\MySpace\IM\MySpaceIM.exe (User 'Default user')

O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Snapfish Media Detector.lnk = C:\Program Files\Snapfish Media Detector\SnapfishMediaDetector.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: Myxer - Send image to phone! - http://www.myxertones.com/magic/ie/

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JR1916~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\PROGRA~1\Java\JR1916~1.0_0\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Users\Dingo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.exe.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwebproducts/ei-3/WebfettiInitialSetup1.0.1.0.cab

O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll

O16 - DPF: {48DD0448-9209-4F81-9F6D-D83562940134} (MySpace Uploader Control) - http://lads.myspace.com/upload/MySpaceUploader1006.cab

O16 - DPF: {5C6698D9-7BE4-4122-8EC5-291D84DBD4A0} - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader3.cab

O16 - DPF: {67DABFBF-D0AB-41FA-9C46-CC0F21721616} (DivXBrowserPlugin Object) - http://download.divx.com/player/DivXBrowserPlugin.cab

O16 - DPF: {D6E7CFB5-C074-4D1C-B647-663D1A8D96BF} (Facebook Photo Uploader 4) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/FacebookPhotoUploader4_5.cab

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

O23 - Service: Intel® Alert Service (AlertService) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\CCU\AlertService.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: DQLWinService - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\IntelDH\NMS\AdpPlugins\DQLWinService.exe

O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\Iaantmon.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: Intel DH Service (IntelDHSvcConf) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Tools\IntelDHSvcConf.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Software Services Manager (ISSM) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\ISSM.exe

O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - c:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Viiv Media Server (M1 Server) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Media Server\bin\mediaserver.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Application Tracker (MCLServiceATL) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\MCLServiceATL.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Remoting Service (Remote UI Service) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\IntelDH\Intel Media Server\Shells\Remote UI Service.exe

O23 - Service: stllssvr - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

O23 - Service: VNC Server (winvnc) - TightVNC Group - C:\Program Files\TightVNC\WinVNC.exe

O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--

End of file - 11141 bytes

yes I tried to install EvID4226Patch223d-en.zip thing but it didnt allow me to vista wouldnt allow me to kept sayin I was missing a file that I wasnt

That's fine. That's what I thought your message meant. The patch wasn't applied. No need to restore any backups because none were made. Nothing to worry about. You don't really want to meet "TrustedUser". :o I think it's TrustedInstaller, anyway. Same guy, though. I couldn't remember when I wrote the last post.

One thing that keeps catching my eye is the Symantec service. Are you running Symantec/Norton Antivirus or Firewall currently, or are you one of the millions who installed it once and could never get rid of it completely? Quite honestly, Norton used to mess with everything for me.

Are you able to upload and download now? I don't necessarily mean what the icons indicate. Are you receiving files at all? Speed depends on the torrent. If you're testing, try a bunch of torrents on Mininova with a high seed/leech ratio or generally a lot of peers and see how fast you can go. If you get up to 40-50% of your nominal connection download speed, I'd say things are working.

On a tangent...Yeah, looking at that log, I'd say a fresh install of Vista wouldn't be a bad thing in any event if your files are backed up.

I just checked. My Hijack log is 2978 bytes - a quarter the size of yours, roughly, with everything running I'd usually run, including an IIS webserver and a few things I'll get rid of when I get around to it. I recognize everything on it. I think if someone can't say that, it's time to start asking questions.

Shame we can't do this in real time - chat-box or something. Then again, it might take torrents a while to get going to see where you stand, anyway.

mu_user

You can still hit the half-open limit, as it's 10 GLOBALLY.

According to Microsoft, the limit is 10 in the plebian versions of Vista and 25 in the more expensive.

Why not answer the questions?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=354491#p354491

We're not going to hack uTorrent's not open and not likely to ever be open code by being, in this case, able to single out blocked requests that should have been allowed.

mu_user

Really, uTorrent's replies are making me into a more satisfied Deluge user.

Vuze is good, too, but requires running Java.

mu_user

It's nice tech, but flash has become better.

Since Sun got Java back, it's now just too bloody slow.

Exploits don't bother. At least, they don't bother me.

mu_user

-------

We seem, now, to have this Firon. Firon's indisputably a legendary hacker, but not OUR Firon.

Our Firon seems, well, not terribly competent, which is a shame.

With regard to this moderator/administrator fellow, Firon, could one not make Firon a member? Or would that impact on his income and family? Or anything, just so he's not buggering everything for the rest of us?

mu_user

Archived