Red Torrent Arrows with V1.8 - Tracker tab errors

jfenz41

You uninstall these programs, or are they "damaged" in some way?:

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll (file missing)

O2 - BHO: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D0FC-E57AF4D5FA7D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\VERIZO~1\SFP\vzbb.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Verizon Broadband Toolbar - {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-D0FC-E57AF4D5FA7D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\VERIZO~1\SFP\vzbb.dll (file missing)

You'll need to either clean those out (by deleting their entry using HijackThis!) or reinstall them.

After following alus and Switeck suggetions the problem remains :(

Here are the steps I took:

- Fixed registry entries highlighted by Switeck using Hijack This.

- Removed and reinstalled TCP/IP Winsock and Winsock2 registry keys per the support info provided by alus.

- Upgraded uTorrent to v1.8

- Red arrows remained on torrent list but torrents appeared to be seeding

- Green checkmark at bottome of uTorrent window is present.

- Dreamingtree.org reports connectible: No Activity

- uTorrent tracker tab still reports "An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket"

At that point I thought maybe the upgrade damaged the winsock keys I fixed earlier, so I reapplied the Microsoft support info and reran uTorrent, but the problem is still there. One thin I noticed though is this time the green checkmark was replaced by a yellow triangle. The triangle was not stead though. It would disappear then reappear. Not sure what that means.

Anyway, Please advise on the next step. Thanks!

Archived