Can't seem to get the speeds I should be getting :(

bubbagumper6

Well I went though the speed guide and set everything up (tested my upload at 485kb/s so I set the speed guide on 384 (closest one without going over) then modified the global upload limit to be 48Kb/s

I know the port is configured correctly, I have the green light for the network and the port is clear. Downloaded slackware at 900kb/s! But every other torrent I try won't pass 100kb/s. Last one I was trying had 58seeds and over 1000 peers but would barely break 100kb/s...so what's up?!

btw I'm running XP with McAfee (both firewalls configured correctly, disabling them does nothing for my speed)

Try setting regular upload speed to 40 KiloBYTES/second...and set alternate upload speed while not downloading (seeding only) to 48 KiloBYTES/second.

Your line may just be slightly overloaded when trying to download at 50+ KiloBYTES/second while also uploading at 48 KiloBYTES/second...especially if connected to 100+ peers+seeds at once.

to thelittlefire: I don't know enough about those setting to know what to edit. Right now there all on the standard things for the 384 setting, the only thing that's changed is my upload speed. I have like 6 torrents open but the setting is set for only 2 to download at the same time.

and to switeck: When I logged on this morning I checked it, and it was going at about 150kb/s (combined, theres 2 torrents DLing), I changed the settings to what you said and it maybe jumped 10kb/s but nothing spectacular :(

If you FORCE start torrents, they override your queue settings.

Just for testing, try lowering upload speed further...as low as 30.

Only other thing I can think of is test with McAfee completely removed.

XP's firewall is good enough to block incoming attackers...just make sure you're not allowing anything other than uTorrent in. :)

yeah but i'm just DLing one torrent right now with 10(25) seeds and 23(89) peers and I'm only getting 35kB/s download and uploading at 17kB/s...that seems REALLY freaking slow!

EDIT: And none of my speeds are ever stable! It just went from 25 down, to 50, then back to 25...upload jumped to 40 then dropped down to 10...wtf?!

35121412vv1.th.png

Archived