1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to turn off the data remaining for seeding torrents? It's really messed with the way that I want the torrents listed (sorted in descending order by Remaining column).

EDIT: I tried to roll back to 1.8 but it still shuffled the torrents around when I started and stopped them and wouldn't return to the way they should be. I had to delete my settings.dat and reset everything for it to behave properly.

Adding another column would reset everyone's column layouts, and since people don't seem to be able to find http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=68 on their own/want to go through the trouble of creating a template settings.dat(uT will use whatever well-formatted bencoded data it finds and understands for a starting configuration)... I suggest an option to turn off the new feature.

I have set uTorrent to NOT start download after a new torrent is added. Now, it seems that when a torrent is present in the RSS list, and you click it (to download) - it enters the "downloading" category (stopped state), and also shows now in the RSS view properly. BUT, when you do the same thing but opening this torrent's url, and "open" it in the browser - to enter it to uTorrent, it does go into the "downloading" list (as before, stopped) but for some reason - it does not show in the RSS list-view as stopped. but stays as an RSS release. Is there a way to properly identify it as already present on the system and revert from RSS release to the actual existing torrent ? hmmm.. when I think about it - it might be a bit complicated...

I have to add that when I click that torrent in the RSS list AFTER it was opened externally, it identifies it and "adjusts" sometimes.

hi there i found a very odd bug.

when i am seeding a torrent with utorrent 1.8 or the current betas the connection to other people using 1.8 or betas are very unstable to not connectable at all. i am only seeing other clients in my peers list. the 1.8x users are just popping up and disapearing again. however i switched back to the 1.7.7 client and voila everything seems fine again no popping up and disapearing 1.8 users anymore they behave like they should. this however i am experincing mostly on public torrents but on private trackers it seems fine.

yeah i mean fluent with ..more people connect to me on initial seeding including the 1.8 and betas..better general speed for the peers

cuz i couln't connect to any of the 1.8 users properly....but yeah if you think thats a normal 1.8 behaviour then we can leave it like that....

edit: if just 1 or 2 peers would disconnect from me that would be ok..but like everyone in the swarm?....not very likely that none of the 1.8 users or above wouldn't share or skip any incomplete files....

i got 16 peers with 1.8 and above and they all disappear when i am using any 1.8 version

wiii, are you running 1.8 or the *latest* 1.8.1 beta (build 12495). There's an issue that was recently fixed that caused 1.8 and some of the 1.8.1 betas to have issues connecting to peers. The last few betas connect just as well as 1.7.7 to most peers. Obviously there will be some issues with people running 1.8 that have enough torrents loaded to experience the same problem you are describing. Until those users update to the latest beta or the 1.8.1 release they will continue to be unavailable. The primary site I use has already decided to ban the 1.8 version once 1.8.1 goes into full release.

BTW if you are having problems with 1.8, this is the wrong thread to be asking, as it's for issues with the 1.8.1 betas.

yeah i was using the latest beta then downgraded to 1.8 and 1.7.7..only 1.7.7 was suddently working only with connecting to peers properly

switeck no i didn't read the troubleshootguide but yeah the problem connecting to peers actually started with one of the latest beta builds

(Build 12495) - The number of IPfilter.dat entries reported at load has changed (less than half) in the latest beta (as compared to build 12323) (with the same ipfilter.dat file of course). It also seems that no ip's are actually getting blocked!

(Build 12495) - The number of IPfilter.dat entries reported at load has changed (less than half) in the latest beta (as compared to build 12323) (with the same ipfilter.dat file of course). It also seems that no ip's are actually getting blocked!

Fixed. This was an issue with leading zeros in an IP address (like 082.x.y.z). Thanks!

yeah i was using the latest beta then downgraded to 1.8 and 1.7.7..only 1.7.7 was suddently working only with connecting to peers properly

switeck no i didn't read the troubleshootguide but yeah the problem connecting to peers actually started with one of the latest beta builds

Turn on Disconnect logging. What does it say when it disconnects from each peer?

[2008-10-01 21:55:36] IP: Disconnect: Timed out

[2008-10-01 21:55:40] IP: [µTorrent 1.8 (5.0)]: Disconnect: Connection closed

[2008-10-01 21:56:59] IP: Disconnect: Incoming legacy not allowed

those i got all the time

connection closed on all 1.8 and above users

(Build 12495) There seems to be a problem with the new seeding goal feature when the torrent is set to seed forever. One of my torrents has the seeding goal set to -1 and it's showing 812242GB in the 'Remaining' column.

-1 isn't really a valid number. This happens to pick a very very large number, as you see.

Archived