1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

-1 isn't really a valid number. This happens to pick a very very large number, as you see.

Would it be possible to have the "Remaining" column show ∞ if the seeding goal is set to -1 (even though the "actual" seeding goal is a huge number)? It just looks pretty messy at the moment if a lot of torrents have -1 seeding goals :)

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This release is kind of a set-back for for me.

I am running Windows Vista 64bit and have not been troubled with the "Vista bug"

This RC1 release only tries to find UPNP services on the local PC address.

It doesn't find my router at all.

The last Beta worked flawlessly regarding this point, it couldn't find my external IP though.

So the UPNP function is more or less broken now (on my PC that is).

Edit:

1 one observation.

In the statistics window, the number of "half-open" connections seems much to high (very close to the max. numer=12).

I am only on a private server with DHT disabled and only 20 connections in total.

I don't know if it the statistics are wrong og if the program doesn't free the connection attempts (or something completely different ;) )

Ultima:

Yes. Read the manual's description.

I read, and didn't understand "absolute path" . I have this: "D:\Downloads\BitTorrent" defined in directories->put new DLs in. Looks to me pretty absolute... the end result is only the files names being shown (exactly as in the "name" column), and not even the relative ./path[/filename] I chose for this torrent under the above. Realy redundant info...

as a matter of fact - I did. *AFTER* my download job was started and one of the multi-files torrent was DLed, I've set the download path for this whole multi-files torrent to a different one (under the same root) and moved the files there . Nothing changed. Does it change for you ?

I see. Thanks. That's it. I re-targeted the torrent... why don't I listen to you ... ;) ... Anyways, path=name looks redundant to me. It should be always the path if you ask me (at least the relative path UNDER the default root).

@jeps92:

UPnP works fine for me in Build 12549, both from my main PC running Vista Ultimate x86 (32 bit) and my laptop running Vista Ultimate x64 with wired and wireless connections respectively into an AVM FRITZ!Box WLAN 3270 router. Are you sure your firewall is letting µTorrent "talk" to your router? Turn on "Log UPnP messages" in Verbose Logging to verify.

Yeah, pretty sure. UPNP has worked on all 1.8.1 releases except this one.

It finds my PC, probably because I am running Windows mediacenter.

But that's also what happened when I was using other 1.8.1 versions.

The earlier versions always continued searching for other UPNP devices until they found my router.

It looks like this one just stops after finding its own PC.

I am having a little problem with uTorrent not closing sockets propertly under Wine.

This seems to only happen when I have WebUI open in the browser.

This has already been running for a bit

# lsof | grep uTorrent | wc -l

as soon as i open WebUI in Google chrome:

and after closing it:

Then it stays around 1671 while it is closed.

When I open WebUI again it goes to:

and stays there after i close it.

Not sure what else I can provide to help to track this one down:

# uname -a

Linux mythtv 2.6.25-gentoo-r3 #6 SMP Tue Sep 30 22:30:31 EDT 2008 x86_64 AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

# wine --version

wine-1.1.5

Latest version of uTorrent 1.8.1 12549

Btw, this is with running 1 torrent (20 files) at about 1kb/s (yes, kb/s not mb/s)

Let me know if theres anything I can do to help track this one down.

Thanks!

Archived