• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firon wrote:

"Just update to something more modern."

---------------------------------------------------

Very BAD response, I believe...

The Robustness, STABILITY, and the VERY FEW resources that Win95 consumes (barely a third part of the resources consumed by Win98) make it my system of choice.

In this point, I don't see any advantage in using a system like Win98, that has proven to be very inefficient, as also be one of the worst operating systems, especially with respect to the efficient management of memory resources; and using a more recent version of Windows doesn't solve this problem.

Why you, don't JUST update your LACK of knowledge on the subject, for making this release (and later releases) compatible with ALL Windows platforms, as this site promotes?

Thanks for your efforts...

---------------------------------------------------

"If uTorrent doesn't work with Win 95 anymore, you probably could still update Win 95's winsock or something and get it to work."

I already said that Winsock 2 is installed in my machine...

This really sucks. I just found out that my favorite bittorrent client (µTorrent beta) was banned on one of my favorite private trackers.

The only explanation they give is this:

Due to some exploits the following clients are banned from [insert Tracker Name Here]: All uTorrent 1.8 BETA versions.

This is what the tracker status says: Failure: This client is banned at [insert Tracker Name Here]. Download a new version or another client

I talked to an admin at the tracker about it. This is what was said:

me: i was just wondering exactly why utorrent beta was banned?

him: It has expolits and lots of peer disconnects and drops

We've had users complaining all day long

1.7.7 works perfectly with no issues

me: i am a beta tester for them and im sure they would like more information

is there any solid proof?

him: Our staff are on utorrent too, they'll report back soon as we have any

me: so you dont see any problems other than some users complaining?

him: Our admin/coder has done loads of testing and considered it unable to work properly. This has been further solidified by the multitude of users coming in and complaining about issues with it

We'll pass on the info as is convenient

me: this kinda sux for me as a beta tester cuz now i cant use your tracker, i dont feel like installing an old version

i hope this gets fixed soon

him: Thats utorrent's end

me: i just wish there was something to tell the devs so they can fix it

him: The 1.8.0 stable is allowed

But tons of issues too

We'll let them know, thanks

This really sucks. I just found out that my favorite bittorrent client (µTorrent beta) was banned on one of my favorite private trackers.

The only explanation they give is this:

Due to some exploits the following clients are banned from [insert Tracker Name Here]: All uTorrent 1.8 BETA versions.

This is what the tracker status says: Failure: This client is banned at [insert Tracker Name Here]. Download a new version or another client

I talked to an admin at the tracker about it. This is what was said:

Here we go again...

Probably bitmetv... they usually whine about utorrent.

About Windows95 ... I personally dont think that a program MUST give compatibility/support that even Microsoft doesnt (support lifetime).

Here are good programmers that can tell you about "stability" in that "toys" called Windows9x. When a program crash you have very high choices to reboot the entire system for example. This "toys" gives microsoft the bad image they have now, with the famous BSOD wich is very difficult to see under NT systems (excepting hardware fails)

The NT kernel is more robust, stable and secure and you dont need a supercomputer to run Windows 2000 prof or Windows XP.

But hey, if this can be fixed to work on Windows95 go ahead and all will be happy :)

when downloading anything with 11962, my router immediately stops loading any webpages, it doesn't happen with 1.8 stable or other torrent clients,

the router is actiontec MI424WR (verizon) with the latest available firmware, setting up qos doesn't solve the problem

system xp/sp3

when downloading anything with 11962, my router immediately stops loading any webpages, it doesn't happen with 1.8 stable or other torrent clients,

the router is actiontec MI424WR (verizon) with the latest available firmware, setting up qos doesn't solve the problem

system xp/sp3

Yeah i have exactly the same problem, i'm connected threw a Linksys router and i am on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition

And like bugmenot any webpages refused to open, like a time-out error

About that issue written above by bugmenot & rlmicrosa. I saw it too but not on every tracker. It seems to me that private trackers are ok, the problem does not appear.

It's not a DHT related issue, i have test this. Maybe it's something small and you can debug it.

Thanks !

I have a small VERY annoying problem,

when i right click on a torrent -> properties -> Maximum download rate (kB/s): [0: default]

and set it to 100, then if i deside to go back to normal and i clear the box with no numbers and click OK the download speed remains the same.. i have to find the 0 key and type it in... it was more convenient in the older releases..

Hope u understand

regards.

Edit:

and one more thing, it would be Awesome if we had the same approch to the File Tab in utorrent, as we have in the add new torrent dialog box, its much more graphical(the little icon beside folders and movie files) and convinent when the large torrent consists of various folders with sub folders and files.

Sorry if this is not the right place for this request.

Archived