1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is probably just the usual private tracker paranoia, but thought I'd let you guys know anyway. The same tracker that banned µTorrent beta is now banning the stable as well. Here is what they say:

All uTorrent 1.8 versions (Including 1.8 Stable) are going to be banned from {TRACKER}. This is due to various bugs/exploits that affect users stats.

I have no idea what bugs they speak of that could possibly affect user stats.

EDIT:

Rectification: We solved the issues with the UT 1.8 stable version therefore users who want to upgrade to the stable again are free to do so. Cos there are some nasty undefined bugs in one off the betas these are still banned

Maybe you can solve the issues with the beta as well? LOL!

Very minor issue, but a bug nonetheless. Seeding settings are set to <=100% and seeding time set to <= 0. uT just stopped seeding a torrent at a ratio of 0.999. In this case this meant uploading 349MB instead of 350MB. Bugger all difference i know, but still an error. Is it possible you're just doing a < comparison instead of <= like it states in prefs? Never noticed it do this before, possibly result of changes related to seeding time in prefs?

I've seen it do this. I've even seen it do 1.501 before stopping. It's been doing this since forever :P

My guess: The problem at hand is probably that if µTorrent uploads another piece, it might go farther over the ratio limit than it currently is below it.

@420: Would be nice if they told us what symptoms they're experiencing with the betas.

isn't this more suitable for the features' request thread?...

edit:

Also a small issue with the main view - if you have a long list of rss feeds and scroll + select one at the bottom, then exit from uTorrent - when you run it next time - it remembers the selection correctly, but you cannot see the selected feed since it does not auto-scroll to it.

--- 2008-08-29: Version 1.8.1 beta (build 12024)

- Fix: slow load with slow drives that are present

Hey, I thank you for this fix. It must be the repeated dumps I sent on this? ;) My RAID drive crashed (boy its hot here today!) and the network drive could not mount.

- Fix: improved halfopen counting

When I first opened uTorrent after updating I got about 20 "WARNING x>1"'s ... unfortunately I pressed clear instead of copy... :(

Half open limit is set to default setting in uTorrent. (xp sp3 home, not patched)

In the logger. Things like "WARNING! Half open limit 3 > 1".

Another thing that just happened (on a different box, server08 this time):

1) Started uTorrent.

2) Pressed yes to update to latest beta.

3) uTorrent failed to save the resume file

4) I remeber some screwing around with the file permisions for %appdata%\utorrent, then fix them

5) Press rety, uTorrent saves and quits.

6) Nothing happens, uTorrent.exe process is gone but now I have a "utt1D5B.tmp.exe" hanging around doing nothing.

Show I dump the zombie or just kill it?

Just after upgraded to build 12024 in my log i can see:

[time] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 3 > 0

[time] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 3 > 1

.. it's going almost every 1 second. I didn't change any options because all was working fine in previous builds.. net.max_halfopen is set to default 8 and i'm using windows vista with sp1 - 64 bit if it helps.

Start a torrent.

[2008-08-30 13:10:15] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 7 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:16] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:17] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:18] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:19] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:20] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 5 > 2

[2008-08-30 13:10:21] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:22] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 7 > 4

[2008-08-30 13:10:23] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:24] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 6 > 3

[2008-08-30 13:10:25] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 5 > 2

[2008-08-30 13:10:26] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 4 > 1

[2008-08-30 13:10:27] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 3 > 1

[2008-08-30 13:10:28] ERROR! Detected halfopen count exceeds internal count 3 > 1

Finish the torrent. (Server08)

Clearing all logging flags doesn't help.

Archived