1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Feature: Double clicking RSS feed in category view edits feed

- Change: Filter RSS log messages

some RSS issues fixed. great ! 2 down, 20 more to go ... ;)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=352646#p352646

edit:

I suggest to pop up with "add feed " dialog when double clicking "all feeds" and pop-up favorites again for the RSS button click .

You mean they have no reverse DNS in the peers tab?

Yeah good question.

I'm a "noob" in network IT :D but is it possible to resolve IPv6-Teredo adresses like for IPv4. Are there DNS servers to resolve IPv6.

Because in my peer column, Teredo adresses are not resolved, no reverse DNS and corresponding flag.

Can I ask what routers you guys use to get a teredo address working?

If I could recommend a router to anyone...especially bittorrent users, it would have to be the Linksys WRT54GL. It handles a lot of simultaneous connections without any problems whatsoever. It is the best router I've ever owned and the best router you could buy for under $300 (it only costs ~$60). Just make sure you load it up with custom Tomato firmware and you'll be good to go!

i have a problem with build 12083 when downloading at high speed from a torrent where there is a lot of seeds and very few leechers,

the problem is, it will start downloading at like 1MB/s then instead of keeping the speed or going up (which it should on my torrents) it starts stepping down,

example; start with 1MB/s for like one second then 700KB, 584KB, 430KB, 300KB, 148KB, ....and so on , down to almost zero, then keeps repeating the steps with different numbers

I just had a crash on 1.8.1. Here's the crash dump:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=5ebfd459457397f3d2db6fb9a8902bda

Things occurring prior to this dump include adding a magnet link to a torrent which was running for about 2 hours and connected to several peers/hosts but without actually downloading any blocks (first magnet link I've tried using), and also I had deleted 8 torrents (data and torrent file) totaling about 8GB at once about 20 minutes prior to the crash. What else do I need to supply? Oh yeah, I have uTorrent running on Vista business 32 bit.

Since my client auto updated to this version (build 12083) ihave not been able to connect to any trackers.

Using Vista x64 with kaspersky internet security 2009 - windows firewall and KIS firewall are disabled.

I'll be rolling back to 1.8.0 for now, just thought i'd report the problem.

Since my client auto updated to this version (build 12083) ihave not been able to connect to any trackers.

Using Vista x64 with kaspersky internet security 2009 - windows firewall and KIS firewall are disabled.

I'll be rolling back to 1.8.0 for now, just thought i'd report the problem.

What is the status of the torrents, in the Trackers tab?

alus: nevermind, vista managed to fix it.

Oddly enough, ages ago i disabled vistas automatic TCP tweaking function beleiving it would help speeds - i did a vista 'repair' on the network, it told me that setting needed to be re-enabled... and what do you know, utorrent works now.

Hi, has webseeding feature changed in the last 30 days? Last month, webseeding a popular torrent used about 150GB bandwidth per day. But I noticed in my web logs that today and yesterday, the web server has pushed out about 500GB per day.

No, it has not changed. Perhaps your demand has increased, or a fast seed has gone away?

> fast seed has gone away?

Yes. I was using a web server, and two other Bittorrent clients with 10 megabit upload. Would removing one Bittorrent client increase demand on the web server like that? Why would that be? Is there a minimum QoS that webseeding is observing recently? I guess there were some changes before I recall there were not much details about it...

Archived