Can it log Login "SUCESSFUL"?

wwryyyyy

****** doesn't work as a password. Login fails unless you actually select it as your password.

The logger currently doesn't display a successful login message explicitly, and can't be configured to do so. A successful login would implicitly show up in the form of a request -- any request that comes through did pass the login already.

This is a request, I presume? If so, then this probably belongs in the Feature Requests forum.

• 4 months later...

Wow, finally I found the default password. I've just successfully logged into the webui after spending weeks wondering what the hell it was being changed to. Who knew is was '******' full of stars.

So not just your uTorrent wwryyyyy, mine too. I setup my correct password but after a reboot of even a sleep and wake the password resets to this default value. Mad and used to be okay on earlier uTorrent versions. I'm currently running the 1.8.1 beta with webui 0.361

When you login to the webui your browser remembers your username and password. But in fact you have to log in for every page the webui opens, for every image it retrieves and for every time it requests information. The browser simply remembers the username and password after the first time and keeps adding it. Hence it's technically impossible for µtorrent to group all those logins in to a single "this user has logged in" event.

You can enable verbose logging for webui request. That should show all these actions in the logger tab (including IP and a timestamp). To do this r-click in the logger tab -> Verbose Logging -> Webui requests.

Archived