Unusual problem regarding re-checking

drclol

So I'm downloading a specific folder with a set of files of this game in beta from Fileplanet, however my computer crashes and my fileplanet download manager gets messed up, however i downloaded 8 out of the 9Gb the files contained.

The developer released a torrent file containing the EXACT same set of files and folders, except on torrent as an alternate means of distribution, since my fileplanet download is at this point un-resumable and is near completion, i tried downloading the torrent and assigning the exact folder as the fileplanet in the hopes of finishing it that way, however when i re-check it it recognizes 0% of completion.

Is there anyway to get around this or am i screwed and going to have to download all over again?

Are you selecting the correct directory? For multi-file torrents, it's sometimes confusing -- you should be selecting the directory that contains the files/folders, not that folder's parent. For example:

C:\Downloads\Torrent Name\<Files and Folders>

You'll need to select C:\Downloads\Torrent Name\ as the exact location.

yes im selecting the exact folder not the parent one. as i re-check the bar stays at 0% completed all the way through to the end, even though i have 85% completed and the torrent has the exact same set of files\folders as the fileplanet download (it's a preload not a single file, so it downloads the game's folder of files)

Yea my folder selection has been tried at the start, also by the advanced tab from my torrent, and by files that have been completed, i'm not using !ut extensions for incomplete files however, but i don't even have UT set to do this, would this help?

by selecting an individual target you mean relocate? , if so, yes, i already tried that, they're all on the corresponding completed file in the folder, the total completed % of the torrent stays at 0%.

Also, i tried the following:

-I created a brand new FP download and let it run to 50MB downloaded, just to see if it was that my 8GB got corrupted, i set the torrent to THAT 50MB download folder and it still came off as 0% completed, so i'm definetly doing something wrong.

Archived