Beta 1.8.1 (Build 11903) hijacking my internet connection

blam1

Since loading the latest beta, it seems that uTorrent has hijacked my DSL pipe. I'm currently only downloading 47 kB/s and uploading 32.1 kB/s, but my 6mb DSL connection has turned into mush. If I simply stop uTorrent, everything is back to normal. I'm happy to provide any specific data needed to help isolate, but for now, I need to go back to something less chatty.

In theory, I agree with following the steps outlined. But this isn't a speed problem within downloading torrents, or anything that these steps cover. The uTorrent client is _doing_ something and it is eating up all of my DSL bandwidth, but it is not using the bandwidth for file transfers. By simply reloading 1.8.0.11813, everything is back to normal.

For example, There are 4 active torrents right now on my computer. If I run a Speed Test tool (www.speakeasy.net/speedtest), everything runs as it should, and the total bandwidth reported by the test, plus the downloads active on the client fairly well match the saturation point of my DSL pipe.

However, if I load the 11903 build, the same test will start gobbling up the pipe. I've still got the client ready to work if you would like some specific tests run.

Archived